1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 1.6 turns on then off, NOT frag, fresh PSU makes clicking sound..

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by pastortom, Sep 30, 2007.

1. pastortom

pastortom Member

Hey guys, Ive got a problem..

Got a 1.6 xbox here, hdd/dvd-drive disconnected, connecting power supply and it turns on by itself then off again..
    then I try hitting the power button but nothing..

then I try waiting 5 minutes with PSU connected and hitting the power button=> it boots, for about 2 seconds, then turns itself off and powerup doesnt work again..

fresh chip, fresh PSU.. and it just wont boot.. Ive also tried to remove and install a new MMBT3906LT1 transistor incase the mobo has been put in a 1.0 casing and blown the transistor, but still, nothing..

Some interesting things happens if I hold the power button in though, after about 5 seconds, and continues clicking sound from the PSU (hard drive and dvd-drive NOT connected so Iknow its the PSU that makes the sounds) it boots up but shuts of again.. no fraging, just problem with power somewhere..

also, If I just let the PSU be connected for about 5 minutes, and try and turn it on, it turns on, and shows Xbox logo, but then just turns off within 3 seconds, and wont be turned on again.. anyone know what the problem could be?

It could ofcourse just be another transistor on the motherboard, and it could also be a really easy fix, thats what annoys me about this problem.. I dont wanna throw the xbox away either, especially when the solution could be so simple.. anyone?

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

This has been addressed in my tutorials, you have corrosion on the front traces!

3. pastortom

pastortom Member

Thanks for the advice, but thats not it, the PSU makes clicking sound, and it wont turn on..

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Get a new PSU, repairing them are dangerous!

5. pastortom

pastortom Member

Did you at all read my post chunkhead? ive tried 3 different PSU's, 3 DIFFERENT NEW COMPLETELY FRESH ONES.. they all click, I know its the corrosion, but how fix it? I do as your guide sayd, and I try different stuff like fixing some of the traces, but it just wont work..

I get it to boot a little, so I know its the corrosion, but man, I would like a good guide on this..

I also wrote you a PM chunkhead, on Lllama..

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Have you tried a new power board (buttons)?

7. pastortom

pastortom Member

Yes, I have tried a new board, nothing..

I sent you en email about it all chunkhead, are you high? :)

Ive tried it all, and I know its corrosion, just not how to fix that much.. cause it does sometimes boot up after Ive tried to fix it..

Please respond to the llama pm I sent you ;)