1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 1.6

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by boxmodder, Jul 3, 2004.

1. boxmodder

boxmodder Member

I have a 1.6 xbox and I noticed Smartxx has a compatible mod chip and bios to now support this. Has anyone used & had success with the 1.6 yet? or with any other chip?

Thanks!

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

That's great....now all you have to do is wait for someone to come up with a bios that will work on a 1.6

3. andrewb15

andrewb15 Member

Iam almost 100% sure the Xenium ICE chip works on a V1.6 but you will need to solder two wires onto the motherboard. The EvolutionX M8 bios is specifically designed for V1.6 consoles.

4. scottas

scottas Guest

5. c0ld

c0ld Guest

i know boxmodder already has a 1.6 but my advice to anyone wanting to mod an xbox is to get a used xbox from gamestop.com and a new xbox case from llamma.com i have tried to mod a 1.6 and rebuilding the LPC port is extremely difficult. the used xbox's from gamestop are 1.0's mostly and for people who don't know how to remove the solder it's easy. just use a desoldering iron. which you can get at like radioshack. there arn't just 2 wires to solder. if you look at the diagrams on ozxodus.com there are 5. and the xenium ice OS has an ftp server to. and flash the bios from the OS. plus the external LED's kick ass