1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 1.6B version

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by MDSP, Dec 5, 2005.

1. MDSP

MDSP Regular member

2. modster

modster Regular member

Xecuter X3 CE modchip is perfect for your version 1.6b

you will have to do the LPC Rebuild, I think only 5 solder points for the LPC and 8 solder points to get the chip holder on the motherboard.

you are right installation is for both 1.6 and 1.6b

cheers

3. MDSP

MDSP Regular member

thanks man... but when I asked the same question to another guy in a different forum this is what he told me.

"It's possible you may get nothing on screen if you get a 1.6b. If this is the case, you need to change your X3 dip switch to load the right Cromwell version that is compatible with v1.6b."

What is a Cromwell version?

And did you actually had any experience installing Xecuter X3 CE ModChip w/ LPC Rebuild for 1.6b xbox??

thanks man

4. MDSP

MDSP Regular member

Im also wondering if I could use "Xecuter 2.6 Lite ModChip" for my 1.6B the reason is because its cheaper...

thanks

5. modster

modster Regular member

hey dude,

I have modded many 1.6b versions. All worked!

What you need is the cracked bios. All Xecuter 3 CE chips are shipped with the legal bios from the manufactures. You need to use mirc and go to #xbins and follow the instructions on the screen. Use this link: http://halo020.com/mod/tutorials/xbins.htm

when you get there, you need to download the cracked bios for X3. There will be a folder "bios", go there and under "Xecuter" folder you will find the cracked bios for this chip. Download it and use the 3294_16plus file. This is for your version 1.6b. If you use the wrong bios, you will not get anything to display. Got it?

Cromwell bios version is a free legal version replacement for the original xbox bios. You will not get anywhere using this Cromwell. Might as well leave the xbox un-modded if you want to use Cromwell. Who ever you talked to previously seems like he does not know what he is talking about or misunderstood you.

You will need to jump the switch settings to 1024 before you flash it with the cracked bios. You can flash via http or ftp. These are the easiest way to flash.

Don't use the Xecuter 2.6 Lite... X3 CE is much better for your version 1.6b

cheers,

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  6. MDSP

MDSP Regular member

awesome!!!... thanks man u just made my confidence level go up 100% to go with X3 ce... ok then i will order X3 ce and once I install it could i pm u for some help???...

You talk about flashing bios... Soo when do I flash the XBOX bios... is it after I install the modchip or before I install the modchip

thanks alot

7. modster

modster Regular member

Steps:
    1. open xbox and remove motherboard

2. solder the chip holder to the motherboard, turn the motherboard over and solder on the back of the motherboard to connect the chip holder. use the www.teamxecuter.com tutorials. REMEMBER, YOU MUST REMOVE ONE OF THE PIN HEAD FOR YOUR XBOX VERSION 1.6B. THIS IS ALSO IN THE INSTALLATION GUIDE! READ IT CAREFULLY!

3. solder the hard drive, lan, DO wires to the LPC on the back of the motherboard. ( I remember as hard drive=red, lan=green, and DO=grey)

4. put the motherboard back into the xbox chasis and secure with screws.

5. solder the red +5v to the regulator chip on the motherboard, it's at the rear near the fan for version 1.6b

6. connect the eject/start button wires to the wire harness that came with your chip and tape it inside near the front.

7. remove the control port #1 and run a set of wires (came with your chip for the switches) through the front of the xbox. You will connect these wires to the switch panel and tape it to the front of the xbox. (2 sided tape is included on the panel.)

8. place the X3 chip into its holder tightly and start connecting all the wires to the chip.

9. put the xbox back together, hard drive, dvd rom, cables, etc.

10. turn on the xbox, will will see a blue screen that has the cromwell legal bios on the screen. If nothing on the screen or xbox is not booting, then you might have a cold soldered point or lose solder point. Take your time when you solder ok.

11. on the screen select the settings for network. you must connect the xbox to your router with DHCP. This is the easiest way to do it.

12. set the switch settings. sorry dude, I don't remember which settings for the switches. then go to your pc and where you have the 3294_16plus file, you will need to flash the bios with this file.

Now you are done and xbox is ready to ROX! That is when you are finished and after reboot, you will see the Xecuter icon in the middle of the screen at the bottom!

Remember all documents can be found at www.teamxecuter.com

Should take about 25 minutes to do this mod.

Good Luck!

cheers,

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  8. MDSP

MDSP Regular member

cool man... thanks alot...

9. atticusFH

atticusFH Member

im not sure if i have V1.6 or V1.5 , there not very clear but when i went to go install my xenium ice...i saw the D0 point,but it was a hole...can someone please help,i dont want to drive 80 miles to the nearest installer...thanks guys my email is xxthiazolinonexx@yahoo.com