1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 1.6b

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by fudpucker, Feb 7, 2006.

1. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

just installed a xecuter 3 chip in my 1.6b xbox,
    it boots fine in reg xbox but will not boot in the mod chip
    with the front switch set at on on off off off like this it will only show a blank screen but if i set the switch to off on off off off it will boot into the chip and the screen has flashbios 3.0.3 video detected xcalibur flash type xecuter3 (2048k)
    boot start usb init
    finds my hard drive and my dvd rom and near the bottom it has
    enable network flashing
    load bios from hard drive
    load from disc
    unlock drive
    lock drive
    i can not navigate in the screen at all looks like its ready
    for me to flash but i cant move there also it will not boot into the backup bios with both buttons pushed no matter how i put the dip switches in the front the light on the front showes purple but i get nothing
    it works fine in origanal xbox mode..................................................................please help me im desperate!!!!!!!

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I dont have X3 chip. however I try to help you out.

Do you have M8 bios in any bank of X3?

3. Stewage75

Stewage75 Member

If you cannot navigate, I heard that you have to use a genuine xbox controller. I know on mine, I've got a Xenium, if I use my crap Madcatz I cant navigate the menus, but my Logitec cordless works fine. Just a suggestion.

4. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

i hope someone can help.
    no idont grt any thing but the two screens one is the origanal xbox screen and the system works fine there, the other is flashbios screen and i cant navigate there (i do have xbox s controller).
    im not sure of what is loaded on the chip i can not get the backup bios up.

5. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

hey i cant believe this.............for a dag gone week ive been trouble shooting this stupid thing for a week,
    i read before i syarted that i need a xbox orig control so thats what i used but out of the heck of it i tried ms 6 year old son's cheap madcatz wireless and it seems to work,
    i can move things around now so maybe it will work...... i hope so

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

7. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

i just flashed the chip and it and is seemed to go good, it showed the bar loading and went through the whole prosc. but when the xbox shut down like it said it would and i went to restart it the xbox would not stay on, it shuts down twice then stays on and a red light
    flashes around the eject button, this darn thing is getting on my nerves. in orig xbox it still works fine but i just get a blank screen everywhere else. dont know what to do!!!

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

which bios did you flash? Do you have any dashboard on Xbox HDD yet?
    Does X3 boot? Can you try to stay on the X3 menu?

9. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

the mod chip does not boot, all i get know is a blank screen and red flashind light, i cant get anything else out of ot.
    i have not put a dashboard on and i flashed it with x3 3294
    did i do something wrong?

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

usually, after install x3 and turn it on you will see this
    [​IMG]

Then you flash x3 3294. Reboot than x3 should boot.

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

12. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

lol.........i did see that screen, i did flash the bios and when it completed it shut down the xbox like it said it would but when i turned it (the xbox) back on it shut down and then came back on by itself and after a few seconds the light flashed red around the eject button and nothing on the screen and it still wont boot up the backup bios

13. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

thats what happened i bet wrong bios.
    it was the x3 3294.
    if this is the prob what do i do?.....lol

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Do you any autoinstaller CD/DVD or any bootable CD? Try to turn xbox on with that CD inside xbox's DVD.

15. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

dont understand....autouninstaller????????
    what is this im a newbie...lol..lol
    the way i flashed the bios was network.
    i hope you can help me through this!!!!!
    are you saying i may be able to remove the bios i put on by booting into a disk?

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

17. Arlind

Arlind Member

Hi guys..I have the same problem..I've installed my X3 No Problems with it whatsoever..Just got a copy of Nero 6 and I finally got to burn BIOS on DVD. It took me a while to figure it out but my xbox (v1.0)finally started reading them. I installed the bios X3_3294(v1.0-v1.5) successfully...However when the xbox turned off(like it was suppose to) I could not turn it back on. It turns on for a second and goes back off. I have the switch too and I had the ON ON OFF OFF OFF like said in the tutorials.
    -I pressed the On/Off & Eject button at the same time and i got to the same screen as when i first turned on the xbox (after X3 was installed.)
    -Tried to install 3294 for v1.6(although mine is a v1.0) same thing happened. I did the two buttons again and I installed 3284 bios(thought installing a different X3 bios would help)Nothing happened except the xbox side would work(Before it told me something was wrong with it & that I had to go and Check it) but still didn't solve the problem of booting the xbox when trying going to the x3 menu.
    My question is How do you actually know if the bios are installed. I know I got everything as the tutorials when installing the X3 bios..but none of 'em show you what the screen should look like or what happens after bios are installed..Is the X3 menu suppose to look different or is it the same?I doubt is the Bios that won't let the xbox turn on.I tried two different X3 bios and the same thing happened..could it be something wrong wtih the switch?

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

When you flash X3_3294(v1.0-v1.5), you save it to 1MB bank on x3 right?

19. Arlind

Arlind Member

Yes I did...I had the switch at ON ON OFF OFF OFF (as it was said in the tutorial. Is the screen suppose to look different after bios are installed?

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

After successfully flashing, you will have a different screen. Did you disable the protection?
    So right now you are still at the same screen. "Flash bios 3.0.1"