1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 2/ 360

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by papa_face, May 5, 2005.

1. papa_face

papa_face Regular member

Hello, just thought I'd make a thread about Xbox 2. What do people think about the console overall.

2. papa_face

papa_face Regular member

I think the console will be great, and will offer great competition with the PS3. However i do think that because MS and Sony are trying to implement sophisticated ideas into their consoles, i think that they could go one step too far and ruin their product.

3. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I think the console in general will be awesome..especially with the Xeon chip!! Personally, i'm looking forward to buying one so I can open it up and look inside to find out how hard it's going to be to mod the sucker. Also, I can't wait to they unveil the next generation modchips for it, and I can't wait to find out what the first games are going to be like for it........Cheers

4. papa_face

papa_face Regular member

Yeah i cant wait for the Xbox 2/360. I wonder why hardly anybody is replying to this thread.

5. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

people are probably not replying because there are tons already like it.

@papa_face, how can you say that by being very sophisticated in their consoles will ruin the products?

What you need to understand that the age of gamers is getting older not younger. The target market (males 18-30), like me, who grew up with all the legacy systems (NES, Sega, Atari) are older now and are demanding more than just a gaming console, so the more the better. Not to mention, 90% of the games are not made by M$ or Sony, so the quality of the games are up to the developers.

Gates was talking that the xbox 360 is going to compliant with "Longhorn" (the next generation windows) and MCE (Windows Media Center Edition), So I expect that this system is going to be awesome and will be the vision of Gates that the original xbox was slated to be: A center of the living room entertainment system that is going to be easy on the eyes and function for the whole family.

What I am still wondering is how are they going to market this. I know they are primarly marketing the gaming end to a younger crowd (i.e. the unveiling on Mtv), but how are they going to convience the parents to commit to the rumored $399 price tag on the "upgraded" version.

If you are like me, you have been looking at the specs that have been leaked so far and they are awesome. Like I mentioned above, The devlopers have the task of making the games and they all are excited about the technology that the new systems and how far the can push the games (most of which are leaning towards the xbox 360, by the way). I think it is very safe to say the new systems are not going to be a disappointment and with the wireless technology already standard and the evolution of online gamming will make these systems incredible!

6. papa_face

papa_face Regular member

What i meant was simply, that if they try to implement lots of sophisticated technologies into their consoles, this could lead to bugs and all sorts of other problems for that console. Thats all.

7. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

that is what is so great with xbox live, just like a windows update, if there are any bugs, then you can download an update

8. papa_face

papa_face Regular member

well unfortunatly not everyone has access to live.

9. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

thats true

10. Turk05

Turk05 Member

Still the multiplayer on xbox 360 should be so awesome you should shit on yourself when you first see it

11. sumdude

sumdude Member

12. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

Even if you don't have Live, I'm sure the free demo discs and new games will have fixes, I'm sure Microsoft has thought this issue through.

And by the way, I think it looks/sounds great so far. We'll see.

Last edited: May 13, 2005
  13. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

The one thing is the way the 360 is layed out, the need to be connected to the interent is almost vital with not only to work live, but to have the full working xbox system guide, to access the xbox marketplace, and to do video messaging

14. sumdude

sumdude Member

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22839... this talks about them saying that the xbox will play games on xbox live with the xbox 360. http://videogames1.mtv.com/pages/news/story.php?id=6124365... this says that they have xbox 360 backwards compatible because they have pics of halo2 and fable, also next to the fable icon is a catagorey that says (xbox1zone) so thats what that says. http://www.ourcolony.net... this video will acually show proof that they are playing halo 2, atv vs. mtx and the whole xbox 1 zone, so i think they will upgrade the xbox live to make it compatible wit the xbox 360. Tell me your thoughts.