1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 360 dvd drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by 1Killjoy, Nov 14, 2010.

1. 1Killjoy

1Killjoy Member

is it possible to find out what dvd drive was in a machine if the drive has been removed ?. the problem is i bought a xbox 360 not knowing it had no dvd drive and i want to put one in but i don't know what drive was in it any help in this area would be great thank you .

2. marcusj0015

marcusj0015 Regular member

you better hope to have a JTAG able Xbox

otherwise no matter which drive you put in you wont be able to play games because you dont even have the DVD Key

IF your Xbox is JTAGable then you can JTAG it and dump the DVD Key

im not sure on the specifics but i know that its completely possible

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  3. 1Killjoy

1Killjoy Member

Thanks i'm pretty sure it is JTAG able it's a fairly old machine 2006 according to the case will look into JTAGing i think and see if it's worth the bother anyway thanks again

4. marcusj0015

marcusj0015 Regular member

well the age of the console makes JTAGGING easier but if you have a NXE or later dashboard it will be more difficult if not impossible

but im not sure on the exact details and requirements on JTAGGING the Xbox 360

5. zippyzedx

zippyzedx Member

I just have a question about the jtagging once its jaytagged we extract the orininal key of the original dvd drive then go through the process of copying it to the new drive and spoofing. Would that work or not because I don't really know a lot on all this stuff.