1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 360 external dvd drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by glitchzoo, May 21, 2006.

1. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

hay does anyone acualy know what the xbox 360 external dvd drive looks like? is there any pictures yet and has anyone got an idear on rice for one.

also ms might in the future put games on hd dvd disks is that true?

2. backupguy

backupguy Regular member

well obvo they're going to put games on hd dvd discs,thats the main reason they're making the drive,hd movies is just a bonus.the current price idea is around $250 but its bound to change

3. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

ok cool, thanks but stll is there any pic?

4. hade

hade Regular member

from what i have read and seen the hd-dvd add on is going to be strictly for dvd movie playback, not for gaming. do you have a link or something that may tell otherwise??

5. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

i did read this artical off somthink like ign or gamerspot ecct. and it was bacicallly saying that microsoft are only telling people that it will only be needed to play hd dvd movies, but there liaing so people will buy the xbox 360 without fear of having to upgrade stuff.
    half way through the artical it says that ms are going to start making the games better by placing them on hd dvd discs this way they will be able to make the games have a longer story line, better grapics and just better everythink.
    i am acually hoping they do bring games on hd dvd so we can have better games.

6. attenuate

attenuate Regular member

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  7. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

its like a mini xbox 360. lol if i get one i dunno where im gonna put it. so do you reacon you will be able to put a normal xbox 360 game in the external hd dvd drive? and will it play it?

8. attenuate

attenuate Regular member

I doubt it just because it's just a drive designed to play HD DVDs. And you can't play 360 games in a DVD player or HD DVD player. Basically, this is just a device to play your HD DVDs. Nothing more, nothing less. It may not even communicate with the 360; it might just send the signal straight from the USB input to the video output.

9. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

well a dvd player dosent have anythink really to do with an xbox or a 360, this drives communicates with the 360 so it mmust be able to play games on it, i dont thin the acuall drive plays the movie because on a pc you need 2.0 ghz to play hd movies, and they would oviouslly use the 360 processors for that.

anyways if it can play 360 games someone would probaly hack the firmware or somthink making it easier to play pirates.
    will this drive be usable on a normal computer?