1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 HD

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by baseballa, Jan 29, 2007.

1. baseballa

baseballa Member

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Yes you are getting a real HD picture from your Xbox-360.

That article is flawed. I will just say this, HDCP is only in affect when broadcasters and content providers want it to be. As of yet there are no HDCP requirements for playback of HD content. HD DVD and Blu-Ray both support HDCP but none of their movies use it. HDCP isn't bad. HDCP makes it so that copy protected content can be viewed. Thats it. I feel lucky that HDCP is widely excepted unlike other DRM schemes (i.e. Apple's iPod+iTunes vs. Micro$oft's Plays For Sure).

The Xbox 360 can output up to 1080p over its component video connections and doesn't require any DRM. Its HD DVD add on doesn't either. The PS3 requires HDCP though only when using HDMI (and maybe in the future with some Blu-Ray movies). The PS3 doesn't restrict anything when using component video (but maybe in the future with some Blu-Ray movies).

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2007
  3. baseballa

baseballa Member

So there are HDMI outputs on the 360?

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

No the 360 doesn't have an HDMI port.

Keyword: [bold]Component Video[/bold]

---------------------------------

I think you are confused. High Def signals don't need HDCP compatible connections, or Digital connections (HDMI, DVI, Firewire, ect...) at all for that matter, to be transmitted. You are getting true high-def from your Xbox 360!

What is HDCP?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDCP

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2007
  5. baseballa

baseballa Member

So HDMI is only used when the content of media is restricted?

6. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Yes.

As it turns out most Early adopters have early HDTVs that are not HDCP compatible. For that reason no movie studio has used the copy protection built-in to the HD-DVD or Blu-Ray formats. Over teh air HDTV is free and most HD cable boxes don't require the customer to use a digital connection or an HDCP compatible tv set.

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2007
  7. baseballa

baseballa Member

Ok, I understand now. Thanks for the help.

8. yungplaya

yungplaya Member

I heard some where that some guy put a xbox 360 hd in a orignal xbox and it worked whiched allowed him to play xbox 360 games now. i dont even know is it possible to put xbox 360 parts and stuff in the orignal one and it would play like 360?