1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 360 rock band strat guitar in ubuntu 7.10?

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by oisuxx, Jan 10, 2008.

1. oisuxx

oisuxx Member

hello all i have rock band for the xbox 360. id like to use the guitar that it comes with for frets on fire. i followed a few tuts on installing xbox controller compatibility, but they dont work with this guitar. does anyone know a way to get this thing shown in ubuntu?

the guitar is recognized, cause when i add the option in vmware, it knows what it is. i just cant LOAD it in vmware.

i have frets on fire for ubuntu though, and thats where id like it to be seen.

any help would be appreciated! THANKS!

2. varnull

varnull Guest

3. oisuxx

oisuxx Member

yes i have. and posted a few questions regarding this matter. the problem is that all of them are for controller questions. this is a diffrent kind of controller though. i went to that post actually you put, but its for generic xbox 360 controllers, this is for the specific rockband controller though.
    thanks anyway
    this was not ment to sound like a jerk. seriously though, thank you for atleast looking and posting back :)

4. varnull

varnull Guest

I'm pretty sure somebody there mentioned that the controller you have works if the driver is loaded..

Have a look in ubuntu for a modules directory somewhere, add the file (x360 what is it?) and see if you can load it with a modprobe <module> command.

I'm not a pc gamer.. never had to do anything with controllers, but the generic method for loading drivers should work.. If not you will probably have to compile it into the kernal.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2008
  5. oisuxx

oisuxx Member

it seems that it only likes xplorer models of guitars and not this rockband model. i can make it recognize my wired regular controller.

i got this ps2 to usb adapter and it see's the ps2 controller right away. so i guess that will just have to do.

thanks for tryin to help man, much appreciated.

6. varnull

varnull Guest

Have a try on the gentoo forums.. those guys really know about loading drivers and modules.