1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 4034 softmodding issues (Solved)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by warfront1, Jan 2, 2010.

1. warfront1

warfront1 Member

I'm making my own thread as this issue has never been solved. I have seen around 4 instances of it all over the web. And the answer to it was never found.

The issue:
    When trying to soft mod with splinter cell with the linux files you get a black screen upon clicking checkpoints.

....People ask if I'm doing something stupid or wrong, so I have prepared a video that will show you every step I do that leads me to this black screen...

An actual video of me attempting the mod
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0QdsJwt-30

Xbox information:
    Kernal = 1.00.4034.01
    dashboard= 1.00.5960.01

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  2. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

3. warfront1

warfront1 Member

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

5. scum101

scum101 Guest

2 versions of the ndure exploit people... both clearly marked as PAL or NTSC!.. using the wrong one results in a blank screen and no harm done.

6. warfront1

warfront1 Member

Lol i know it's crazy. Did you watch my video?

*note* also I have an ntsc xbox, ntsc splinter cell, ntsc exploit used (shown in video but may be a little blurry sorry)

People have given me some theories:

1) memory card corrupting data (which I am about to test)

2) my version of splinter cell can't be exploited, even though it is the orginal non platinum hits edition.

7. creaky

Exactly which version of Splinter Cell do you have ?, though Platinum Hits is fine the game obviously can't be any of the sequels, just the first game..

8. warfront1

warfront1 Member

Disc:

NTSC
    Front of disk:
    510130-DISC (some random numbers on the front to the right of "tom clancy's splinter cell text)

Number on back of disk:
    US01209A-L1 01 +A17+ IFPILB48

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. creaky

I just happen to have my xbox disc folder to hand; i'm in the UK but i do have one NTSC box and have previously softmodded it a time or few with ndure files from Chunkhead's links using a Platinum Hits Splinter Cell game disc ~

Front of disk:
    510130-DVDP

Number on back of disk: (had to squint and take specs off):
    US01209A-L0 01 +C22+ IFPI 1068

10. warfront1

warfront1 Member

I don't know what the numbers mean... There obviously different in some areas. Are you suggesting I try the platinum hits game saves? If so is their a link to his tutorial?

11. creaky

I'm just illustrating that the Platinum Hits flavour of Splinter Cell is fine as too many people out there don't believe that it does. I only copied the numbers down off the CD because you did :)
    I can't fully make out the filenames from your youtube vid but i'm pretty sure you are copying the correct files over to the memory card. In which case i'm stumped as it should just work. Are you sure you waited long enough as it's not the quickest process in the world ?..

12. warfront1

warfront1 Member

I've waited around 10 minutes tops once. I figured I should have gotten a menu by then, as on most guides it says within 10 seconds.

Also I'm testing the corrupted theory as we speak.

13. creaky

Just doing some googling, i found one snippet that states that a blank screen could be caused by the memory card corrupting the save files. No solution other than to use a different memory card. Maybe (stab in the dark here) try copying just one file over at a time. Another thing to do is maybe clear down some other game saves (another stab in the dark, still googlng)...

I have a feeling that i normally have to copy the files over one at a time due to lack of space on the memory card, though haven't softmodded in a long time, will fire up the main pc and have a go..

14. warfront1

warfront1 Member

There is nothing on my xbox hdd except for the two files.

15. creaky

Here you go, my Action Replay software is 1.40, i don't remember if that even matters. My save files are 'Knave', i can't remember the difference between Knave and ndure (if any), i just know that they were off one of Chunkhead's links.

[​IMG]

edit- just noticed that i haven't got SID 5.01 anymore, i deleted it purely as there was no point to having it being as 4.0 works fine; i had used it successfully in the past, my copy of 5.01 was too big for the memory card so the files needed to be copied over one at a time, that's another reason i got rid of 5.01. From the size of the files in your video i think you're using 5.something. Try using the 4.0 files and see what happens..

Sid 4 V.s. Krazies Ndure So much for my memory, they are 2 different things after all, i guess i've always used the Knave files then. I need a bigger brain :)

16. warfront1

warfront1 Member

Used exact files as you listed. Although in my action replay it listed them as differently where yours said box A, so I uploaded image. Needless to say it didn't work. Although while having the black screen, my xbox button turns orange, which has never happened during any of my attempted installs.

[​IMG]

17. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

damn, this has me stumped too

well you could always hotswap my cheater files in or send it to carni :D

18. warfront1

warfront1 Member

Only I would have an unmodifiable xbox lol.

19. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Eh i've once had one without a working dvd drive or nic. I ended up transfering everything on another xbox then unlocking it and switching over the system files and locking it with a different eeprom. Needless to say it was a lot of fun.

20. warfront1

warfront1 Member

I fixed it. It was the crappy action replay.... What a peice of junk.

I rigged a usb drive to work in place of one of my controllers, and bam first try got it to work. That cheap peice of plastic AR lol, makes me want to hit it with a mallet.

I will do some documentation on this, as the whole times it appears as if the AR replay was working, but in all reality it wasn't. It will definitely help people getting the same error.