1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox and cable tv through cat5e

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by irish80ca, Mar 10, 2009.

1. irish80ca

irish80ca Regular member

Hi guys.

Hope I'm posting in the correct location.

I'm wondering if anyone is aware of such a device that would allow me to connect a small LCD TV in my kitchen and run audio/video to it through the cat5e outlet. If possible I'd also have my Xbox 360 connected to the network so if I want to stream video from my computer I could.

I'd like to keep everything clean and just have a wall plate with the connection.

This website (http://www.svideo.com/500051.html) seems to be on the right track for what I'd want but where this device converts the RJ45 to component+digital audio I'd also like to see an Output on the same side for RJ45. This way I can plug in my laptop to the network at the same place.

Does that make sense to everyone???

2. cyberbric

cyberbric Member

3. irish80ca

irish80ca Regular member

Thanks cyberbric.

I actually came across this website too when googling but I cant find anything that offers the audio/video Plus an RJ45 output.

And yes, I have cat5e throughout the house. It's a new home less than a year old. prior to the builder throwing up the drywall I went in and ran extra cat5e to various locations throughout the house so now I want to start takening advantage of it.

4. cyberbric

cyberbric Member

No probs Irish, absolutely great idea, having cat5e in ur house an u were lucky to get it in. I was’nt allowed builders wouldn’t let me no insurance, joke. Any ways the location of your Cat5 outlet how far from your telly cause u could use a patch lead to connect to AV unit from outlet and with a dry lined wall u could easly drop a cable behind albeit u might need to chase a small channel were the baton is fixed to the wall joist an a patch up. The AV over Cat5 has a rj-45 interface although u will need two. I take it you have the cables terminated on a patch panel ?