1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox and trasfering games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by skythe912, Apr 25, 2007.

1. skythe912

skythe912 Member

I am kinda new at this but of course i have an xbox and a friend told me i was able to transfer games to my xbox and able to play them. Here is my question, do i have to have the xbox moded to do this or is there a certain method i can use to do this with. Any help would be great and appreciated

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Yes, it has to be modded in one of two ways.
    1. softmod it yourself at home. You can read a softmod guide for how to do it. It is very easy to do but you will need AR Max and one of the 3 games that the guides list.

2. a modchip. This is a bit more expensive but much better in the long run. Plus if you do not own the game or AR Max it will cost almost as much to get those as sending your Xbox to a reputable shop like Teammodders.com and having a DuoX2 chip installed.

The reasons i always suggest the chip is because of two main reasons, you can swap for a larger hard drive very easy. Which if you plan to store and play games from it is a must. The stock hard drive will only hold 1 or 2 games at the most and some newer games like Hlo 2 will not even fit without removing the Xbox Live stuff to shrink it. And the second reason is recovering from problems is much easier with a mod chip, all you need is an auto installer disc on hand (which you will have anyway from installing the new hard drive) and your set. Softmod it a bit more difficult to deal with, because once it goes bad so does the ability to transfer info and load burned DVD that you need to recover.