1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox and X3 so confusing, need help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by no1b4me, Jan 20, 2005.

1. no1b4me

no1b4me Member

I been reading alot but i havent get any far than confusing myself. The more i read, the more i got lost, so i decide to post my thread looking for help, or at least where to start.

I bought Xbox with X3 from reputation seller, they did the mod for me, so i know the chip works because i play my original just fine. Here is what i like to do, i would like to know or step how to play my backup game, and also to back up my game, i know have have to FTP which using cross cable ( i have it too).

I downloaded the Evox 3935 dashboard, M8 plus, auto slayer 2.6. I made the evox boot dish using dvd-r but no success, i tried memorex cd-rw but still no luck.

My flash bios for my X3 is 3.0.3. So i am stuck right here, please i need some help, any tip to get me going would be appreciate.

2. Curryjl

Curryjl Member

ok im kinda confused. You have a mod chip in there but it hasnt been flashed. right

3. no1b4me

no1b4me Member

No, nothing been flash at all, what i got brand new xbox with x3 installed, and ms dash. Like i have mentioned, i downloaded what i need, but so confusing what step need to do first. Thanks

4. no1b4me

no1b4me Member

This is what i understood, i need to flash my Xecuter 3 with X3 4983 in order to play my backup right? the original in the chip is cromwell i believe. do i understand this right? correct me if i am wrong.

Then, in order to make backup, i need to have different dashboard other than ms, like evox for example right? What about the auto slayer, is it as good as evox? or this is just depends on how user like? Thanks

5. 2sweet4u

2sweet4u Regular member

I think slayer installs evox, not sure if it's the newest version though. But yeah, you have to put the new bios in order to play backups.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  6. scottas

scottas Guest

Okay first off you nedd the X3 bios (ver 1916 or later) be sure to use the 1.6 version if you have a 1.6 xbox. You can then ftp directly to the X3 chip (or http to chip). You can then load your dash and apps directly through your chip. (no disks!!!) This is the beauty of the X3. Here is a good guide for all steps. http://home.comcast.net/~x3guide/