1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox and xsnes9 roms

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by rdunfee, Mar 29, 2007.

1. rdunfee

rdunfee Member

i need some help with my xbox. i have it softmodded and the snes9 emulator on it. i ftped the roms to the roms folder f:/snes9x/roms. but when i go in the emulator it doesnt show any of the roms. its tryin to find them in e: but the emulator and everything is in the f: . i was wondering if anyone knew the way to make the emulator look into the f: instead of e: since my f: drive is where i have all of the room in the hard drive. also to note that i am new to this and i have done the genesis and nes emulators and roms to the xbox with no problems so i kinda know what i am doin. thanks to anyone that can help me!!!

2. jmanbig

jmanbig Member

right what u need to do is

open xsnes9x go to the configuration menu then go to change default directories then rom directory press Y to go back the the hd root
    (where you can see c,d,e,and f and then go to f/emulators or emus/xsnes9x/roms/once there and u can see the roms hit start to save the directory then you are done have fun wioth the roms

hope this helped

JSM

3. handsom

handsom Regular member

The other thing you need to do is remove xsnes9x from your drive, and replace it with zsnesxbox, which is much faster and more stable overall, lol.

I can't believe I didn't switch sooner.

4. rdunfee

rdunfee Member

I've got it working. Thanks for everyones help!!! It was the roms didnt have .smc on them. Once i put .smc on them they worked.

5. philms27

philms27 Member

ive tried everything , i downloaded zsnes to my xbox when i start it up and go to select game there are no games that load up , there are no games in the rom file but if i go to the rumble file there are some games in that folder . so im wondering how do i get the games to the rom folder?

6. handsom

handsom Regular member

You just FTP them in to the rom directory you have chosen, then it will load them.

7. philms27

philms27 Member

ftp the roms to the zsnes file on the xbox? where do i get the roms?

8. handsom

handsom Regular member

We can't tell you that. Forum rules.

9. philms27

philms27 Member

so if i find the roms i can ftp them to my zsnes rom file thats already downloaded to my xbox?

10. philms27

philms27 Member

i think i got it thanks handsom

11. handsom

handsom Regular member

Glad to hear it, enjoy, it's really fun being able to play the classics again, also, be sure to check out ZSnes' cheat search function, it's really helpful if you just want to 'skim' the oldies a bit. Or if you're like me and you suck at video games :p