1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox backups from PC

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by pipesdl, Jun 2, 2004.

1. pipesdl

pipesdl Guest

I have looked throught the forums and have not been able to find an answer to this question.

Is there a way to play backup images stored on a pc's hard drive on a moded xbox with out copying the images directly to the xbox? I know it is possible to watch videos from a pc's drive but i am not sure about games.

Thanks
    D

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

3. pipesdl

pipesdl Guest

Thank you for the response but I dont think you understood what I ment. I want to store the image files on a pc and play them on the moded xbox over a network connection. I dont want to play the games on the pc.

4. pipesdl

pipesdl Guest

Can anyone help me?

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

umm good q
    but why would you want to?
    just curious
    actually when you install a game on your xbox, it isnt an "image" as such, but the actual files themselves that get installed
    ie it doesnt save it as an iso etc.
    But you give a good question, I might have to try it just to see if it can be done
    I believe you can with movies, using media player/centre and routing out your connection to your pc, But not so sure about games.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PC SPEC: XP 3000+ (overclocked) asus 2x fsb 400, 768mb ddr 2700, ati pro 128mb, pioneer a106 w/ hacked firmware
    XBOX SPEC: ver.1.2 with Xecuter 2.3-4983 bios,80gb hdd,Samsung sdg605,evox,xbmc,xbmp,dvdxr,xprogear,
    mame0x w/ 1,500 roms, kawax w/ 100 roms[/small]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004
  6. pipesdl

pipesdl Guest

I know it is possible with movies.

I want to try this because I have a very large (120GB) drive in my pc so i can store many games there, however i am too impatient to wait for them to copy to the xbox.

I didnt know that xbox games got "installed", I thought they just ran from the disc.

7. eagle17

eagle17 Member

I would love to do this as well, my comps HD is only 20 gigs :( but I can fit way more games on that then on my stock XBOX HD.

8. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

regarding installed, I mean if you put a xbox game onto your hdd, its not an image, but the files that go on it, the iso image is basically a disc image, once its installed, its just the same as the files you see when you ftp etc, thats how exploits, hacks , patches etc can be done with games loaded to your xbox hdd.
    Im gonna look into this though cos it does sound like a good idea (playing games from your pc via ftp)

9. eagle17

eagle17 Member

can someone give me a tutorial on streaming videos?

10. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

11. eagle17

eagle17 Member

thank you for the relax guide! now I just need to find my gateway IP :(