1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox backups

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jcburf, Feb 11, 2003.

1. jcburf

jcburf Member

im thinking of getting the x-ecuter chip that allows direct boot of back ups, so can i burn the xbox game disk with HP Record Now program and it will play? Do i have to get nero? anybody? -thanks

2. hoppers

hoppers Regular member

You would need to purchase Nero!!!!!

but any program that can burn an ISO file should be able to do the job for you.

just connect to the xbox via ftp and copy the files to your pc, then convert them with xiso or a similar xbox iso creating program, next burn them to disk (not a CD-r)and hey presto a working backup of your xbox game..

Last edited: Feb 17, 2003
  3. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

recordnow works great.. plus movies you burn with it, will play in the xbox too, i had probs with my movie bakcups not working when i used nero to burn them.
    peace
    seamonkey420

if ya got any modding ?s, drop me a note

4. jcburf

jcburf Member

thanks for the help, I ordered a Matrix modchip for my xbox and i'll try everything out.

thanks for the good info seamonkey

5. Judai

Judai Guest

so there is no real way of burning a game directly to disc...only the xbow to pc to disc method....man that sux ass...looks like too much work but oh well....ordered the x-ecuter...just was'nt sure how to burn games when i got the chip....let me know if there are other ways

6. BoonDa

BoonDa Guest

Do I need a DVD burner to burn backups of Xbox games?

Also do I need a mod chip to play backup box games?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2003
  7. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

yes/no. its easier to use a dvd burner but it is possible to do backups onto cd. just be warned, teh xbox is picky about cd-r media. it doesn't boot or like many types, cd-rws are no problem. i have a dvd burner so i am not sure which brands of cd-r work in teh xbox.

this is a good ?, i've been modding a while and never tried to play a backup game in an unmodded xbox. but my assumptino is that you NEED a mod chip for this. this is the reason we all want mod chips, ok that and we can put in HUGE harddrives and stuff...
    ;-)

hope that helps
    peace
    seamonkey420