1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox bios extracting

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by B1gDRock, Oct 26, 2006.

1. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

alright ill try that and yes it was a typo.

2. o71g

o71g Member

[bold]clavette[/bold],

Does the power button still work? I mean does it power on at all, if not you might be looking at a fuse replacement. You can always split it and sell it on eBay, people still want DVD-ROM drives and cases.

O71G

3. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

ok i tried wat you said and it did the same thing. the one thing left that i thinkk might make a difference is you said try to get the 5838 kernel in the first slot. well it is in the first slot but when i go to the menu that shows all the different kernels i have it starts out with original bios, but the only ones it lets me edit are the ones below it. ive tried that 'Original BIOS' thing but it doesnt work. i think if i could somehow replace the 'Original BIOS' with the 5838 one it might work, since you said it had to be in the first slot. any idea how to put it there?

if thats confusing i can take screenshots but i wont be able to till saturday my time and its 1100 pm here on thurs., so in 2 days. i dont know. you tell me what you think.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  4. o71g

o71g Member

Do you have any other original games to try?

If not then the only other thing I suggest you try before anything else is to clear the CACHE. This wouldn't explain the dashboard not loading but I have had problems with SOME games not loading due to the CACHE. On your E drive you should have a folder called Cache, go in to that and delete any files in there. This can cause games not to work. The files will end in .BIN.

I Don't think this is the problem but it is one of many reason some game don't work after restoring a HDD.

O71G

P.S. I'm checking into this more as we speak, let me know if this gets HL2 working and also if you have tried any other games.

5. o71g

o71g Member

***Wrote this before you edited your reply***
    Do you have any other original games to try?

If not then the only other thing I suggest you try before anything else is to clear the CACHE. This wouldn't explain the dashboard not loading but I have had problems with SOME games not loading due to the CACHE. On your E drive you should have a folder called Cache, go in to that and delete any files in there. This can cause games not to work. The files will end in .BIN.

I Don't think this is the problem but it is one of many reason some game don't work after restoring a HDD.

O71G

P.S. I'm checking into this more as we speak, let me know if this gets HL2 working and also if you have tried any other games.

6. clavette

clavette Guest

no, It doesn't turn on at all, but the power supply is fried part of it is black and it smelt like burnt plastic in my room for 2 days lol

7. o71g

o71g Member

[bold]clavette[/bold],
    Been there seen it, done it!!!! Stinks!!!!

If you dare or can afford it, swap out the PSU and see if it boots. If it does then you can picks up a XBOX PSU pretty cheap these days.

O71G

8. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

WOW ITS ACTUALLY WORKING. or at least i think so. it loaded the ms dash fine and h2 booted up. im going to try to get a live tag so i can try it out. ill tell you how it goes.

9. o71g

o71g Member

[bold]B1gDRock[/bold]

What did you do since I last wrote???

O71G

Just make sure your using the Original BIOS/KERNEL and not the hacked one. I don't want you to get banned after all this.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  10. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

uhh i emptied the cahce and it started working. im still waiting for a gamertag to test out cuz i dont want to try my real one, even though it most likey wont get banned. i still have 6 months on it tough so i dont want to take chances. ill let you know what happens with the gamertag.

11. o71g

o71g Member

OK, hope it all works out.

I'm off out to get beer and pizza before the wife gets home. After all it is Friday afternoon. Well for me it is......

Drop a note on here and let us all know how you got on with the gamer tag. If you do get the machine banned you always have the eeprom from you old xbox which you can transfer accross to your modded xbox.

O71G

12. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

hey i was trying to get an old gamertag from clavette. do you know the directory for it in the e drive im assuming?

13. o71g

o71g Member

Live accounts are stored on the partition tables of the Hdd and are only accessable through the xbox directly. Transfering them to a MC and then to your machine is the only way I know of.

FTP is not possible, what are you trying to do exactly??

O71G

14. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

well i paid for a years worth of my gamertag and im only 6 months into it. i can put it on my xbox but im afraid it might get banned. itprobably wont but i dont want to take any chances. clavettes is expiring in a week or so so i wanted to try it out on that. he lives too far from me though to get it from a memory card.

15. o71g

o71g Member

You could try account recovery by getting him to give you his details for his account. I don't know if this would work as I don't use live but it's worth a try.

I would first save your account to a MC and then remove it from your machine. Then try the account recovery for his account. It might just work.

O71G