1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox Bittorrent .rar files

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by drWalker, Nov 5, 2004.

1. drWalker

drWalker Member

Hey I have downloaded a few games off of bittorent and they all come in 40 or so .rar files. I extract them all and then they form one big .rar file. This big file does not extract in the regular way. Is there any program or anything that can extract it so I can burn my backed up games?

2. kew85204

kew85204 Member

sorry i dodnt knoow anything but you cought my eye with your nick name (drwalker) thats what im plannig on beeing called when i get my doctor degree cause my last name is walker. just thought i would let you know lol

3. ppcinet

ppcinet Member

drWalker, the BIG file that you end up with is most likely an ISO file. What kind of game is it? PS2 or XBOX? If it is an XBOX game that you downloaded, then the people who ripped it probably made an XBOX ISO instead of your ordinary ISO. So to open it & view the files, you'd need QuixISO or some other similar program. If you are trying to burn it to disc, then just try to rename it to *game.ISO and burn it with Nero. If you are trying to extract the files so you can put it on your XBOX hard drive, then you will need a program that can extract an xISO. Quix will do this. You may have already know all of this, but hope I helped a little. PM me if you have any problems.

4. drWalker

drWalker Member

I figured it out. They are iso files but my computer recongnized them as .rar files. I just changed a few options and now it is all good. Thanks for the help though. And by the way I am not "dr" walker yet either but I will be in a few years:)

5. paulsysp

paulsysp Member

Hi,

I got same problem can you tell us how you burned the image.

As i unpacked and had it as one large .ISO file which was double the size of what i downloaded.

6. gehx

gehx Regular member

I personally use Alcohol 120% to burn iso's, download @ http://www.alcohol-soft.com/. Open Alcohol and click Image Burning Wizard and navigate to the location of your iso. Burn :)

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I second that

8. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

drwalker
    downloading games is illegal, hence not allowed on the forum