1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox C Drive NOT Deleting

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by pthomas, Oct 1, 2006.

1. pthomas

pthomas Member

Ok this is what is going on. I have softmodded xbox. I am trying to get rid of the files because i want to start all over again with a fresh reail HDD. I heard you can do it with slayers i tried to restore it back to factory and nothing happed I tried it like 1 times!!! Then I got AD 3.0. When I tried restoring it it said error 3 and error 0. it said it cannot delete the files. ok so that didnt work so now I am thinking if I should get abigger HDD on my xbox and delete the files from the bigger HDD and start all over???
    Does any one have a better idea???
    thanks for all your help!!!!!!!!!

2. theridges

theridges Guest

your C drive is your MS-Dash i wouldnt delete that buddy....
    and unless you have a modchip you wont be able to do anything without the eeprom...which you probably dont have....SID 4.5 is the newest SID out....does the xbox still boot?

3. pthomas

pthomas Member

Ok I dont have a MS-Dash I didnt back up my files because I was so dumb anyway thats the whole point I want to get my xbox and start all over with soft modding(now that I at least understand it a little). I'm trying to say that I DO NOT have a ms dash. The xbox boots everything fine it is in about 99% the 1% is with the exception of that it wont let me delete anything on my C DRIVE. It lets me delete the other drives though. I need to know if I can put a bigger HDD in it and delete the files in the Bigger HDD and put new better soft mod files in there. Do you think that could be done or do you have a better way to delete the files and put better ones in it. I want to have a avalaunch dashboard by the way.
    Thanks for all your help.

4. pthomas

pthomas Member

Ok i got the soft mod working because i some how deleted ALL my files and installed a whole new soft mod(Ndure through hotswap and xboxhdm) It was working yesterday. Now today when I turned it on it starts up like usual and it looks like its just about to go to my Unleash X dashboard, I can also see the Green Light at the eject tray go orange like it usually does but it just stops right there and does nothing!!!!???? It can play regular xbox games only it cant play backed up games. I dont know what to do I tried deleting the whole thing again but nothing happened still the same thing so I tried to install ndure through hotswap AGAIN and it still does the same Thing!!!!!!!!!
    Any help will appreciated

5. theridges

theridges Guest

well you need to get your eeprom from your xbox then you could use xboxHDM on the Bigger HD and re-format it so it is a stock HD then softmod it with SID 4.5 and you will be good to go :)

6. pthomas

pthomas Member

Yes I wish I could do that but I cant Do It Now because I cant acess my soft mod. But When I did have the soft mod I managed to get my HDD Key and my HDD Lock Disable Pssword it is all in this text doc. Read my post about what just happended to my xbox. do do you tnk i can do anything with that Xbox HDD key I got?

7. theridges

theridges Guest

with the HDD key you may be able to lock/unlock it which is really all you need to be able to do.....

8. pthomas

pthomas Member

Ok, but I have a problem. My softmod is not working because it doesnt boot up to the dashboard. it is about to go to the soft mod but it just stops booting?! I can only load original xbox games no backups. i cant access any files so how am i going to get a bigger HDD? My big HDD is a Seagate Model ST320410A they dont have this one on the compatability chart so I dont know if it is lockable? This is the text doc i got from my xbox when it was working with a soft mod.

Disk Serial Number : "WD-WMA9N9003731"
    Disk Model Number : "WDC WD80EB-28CGH2 "
    HDD Key : 4d:f4:37:8d:ef:f0:9b:10
    f7:d4:5b:2f:76:5c:da:fc
    38:bc:1b:aa:00:00:00:00
    00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00

HDDLockDisablePassword 4d f4 37 8d ef f0 9b 10 f7 d4 5b 2f 76 5c da fc 38 bc 1b aa 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

XboxHDKey 57 e5 b5 41 98 8b 14 49 34 b4 4c 5d a0 9b e0 f3
    This is exactly what it is.

9. theridges

theridges Guest

i believe you might be able to update to the bigger HD with only the HDD key....i will check exactly how to do it....
    QUESTION-DO YOU STILL HAVE THE SOFTMOD SAVES ON THE XBOX?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2006
  10. pthomas

pthomas Member

i think so. I didnt use thw game method i did hotswap with kingroaches ndure. but now i backed up to my C drive and then I tried to install the soft mod again and NOW all it does is boot up to the big X and then it goes to a black screen and jsut sits there? I dont know what happened?

11. theridges

theridges Guest

if you know how to hotswap...then just hotswap and use xboxhdm to restore it back to default/stock....then you can softmod it correctly...

12. pthomas

pthomas Member

Yes but How do i do that with XboxHDM what option do I use?? I also have to have the original xbox dash files in the c and e folders right????b

13. theridges

theridges Guest

just the original C folder(should have 4 folder and 3 files or vice versa) xboxhdm will create an Empty formatted E for you....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2006
  14. pthomas

pthomas Member

Ok Finally I got a perfectly working softmodded xbox!
    Now I can finally upgrade to a bigger HDD. I found on another compatability list that my HDD is loackable! it is only 20 gigs though. Now that I can FTP i got my Eeprom.bin! So now how can I install a bigger HDD with xboxhdm now that i have my eeprom.bin?
    Thanks for all your help!!

15. theridges

theridges Guest

16. pthomas

pthomas Member

All Right I did most of the steps but when I tried to rebuild the C drive and possible the E drive part it said error you will need to insert the source cdrom that has the c and e drive files. the thing is i do not have ANYTHING on my c drive i do not know why but thats how itis i think everything is on my e drive so how can i only copy my e drive and avoid this problem?

17. theridges

theridges Guest

you need to put the Ms-dash on the C drive.....
    pm me if you need it...

18. pthomas

pthomas Member

Since i'm new to afterdawn and forums can you please tell me how to pm thanks a lot i need the ms files for my c drive
    thanks again

19. theridges

theridges Guest

click the little head beside report offensive post....

20. pthomas

pthomas Member

Ok I think I got it right here. My C Drve has soft mod stuff in and so does my E drive but my C drive is full it has no more space left on it. I think I can finally upgrade to a bigger HDD. The C Drive has Xboxdash.xbe in it.