1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox case mod, (X-tender)

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by superd07, Aug 30, 2004.

1. superd07

superd07 Guest

Just wondering if anybody has check out the new Xbox Case mod that allows for the housing of 3 hard drives (and selector switch in front). Looks pretty good but has anybody here checked it out??? Its site is www.teamxtender.com . This thing was on xbox-scene recently...

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Nice work superd07, I've always wanted to add more HDD to my Xbox. Definitely gonna take a look into this, thanks for sharing.

3. superd07

superd07 Guest

Can anyone put a review of this thing up if you have tried it??? I just want to see if I should get it.

4. scottas

scottas Guest

This is sweet, now you can have your game playing and a fully functional linux on the same box without problems.

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Well, I sent teamxtender an email and they referred me to this site called modchipworld.com. They offered the x-tender product and installation for $69.99. I'd appreciate it if anyone has ordered from them before and or if they're a legit site or not. Thanks ahead.

6. superd07

superd07 Guest

Haven't ordered any X-tenders from them before but ordered some HD loaders. Ya, they are legit.

7. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Many thanks superd07, I guess I'll go ahead and order that service then. I'm very excited about this. I wonder if anyone else is interested in this mod...

8. superd07

superd07 Guest

Well, I went for it and took one for the team. Here is my adventure with the Xtender.

Xtender:

Look: 9/10
    usability: 9/10
    Insatllation problems: Some issues, but after checking out their forum, it worked.

Anyways, it came in a very nice box with lots of packaging. There are like 2 wires to solder. My problem with it was that after installing the DVD drive was freezing up, but it turned out that it was a screw that I put in that shouldn't have been put in and me just screwing the top on too tight. After reading up on the installation guild and forum again, I fixed it and now it works perfectly.

I put in my retail drive in slot 1, 200 GIG in slot 2 and my old 120 GIG in slot 3. Selection is pretty simple, just push the button for the drive that you want to select. Anyways, so far so good. Will report problems down the road if I encounter any.

BTW, everything fix in very nicely and the kit after installing look like part of the Xbox. I now got all my movies and games I own back up in my Xbox which is good.

Cheers.

9. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Hey that's good news. I ordered the kit and installation by them, which I sent my Xbox to them since I don't mess with soldering. Can't wait for the results. Just one quick question though. When you have all 3 HDDs in, is there overheat issues? I mean I know only 1 HDD is on at a time, but there isn't a place to really install an extra 80mm fan for the extra HDDs.

10. superd07

superd07 Guest

There is no overheating issue with the Xtender Xbox that I have. If you are going to be installing a fan, please tell me the results when you got it done.

11. xavbox

xavbox Member

Hello,

I have test X-tender, it's a good produce, thanks to the Team X-tender ;-)

Don't think it's another box (I have hear this on another forum), it's just material to grow up your xbox
    [​IMG]
    bigger pic here => http://www.xavbox.com/pages/tuning/photos/x-tender/DSC01751.jpg
    to add 2 supplementary hard drive.
    [​IMG]
    bigger pic here => http://www.xavbox.com/pages/tuning/photos/x-tender/DSC01767.jpg

and the result is this :
    [​IMG]

you have 3 "new power button" to switch on the hard drive (HDD) you want. For example :

- 1 for original HDD to play Xbox Live
    - 2 for Evolution HDD
    - 3 for Linux
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Xavier
    French webmaster about Xbox Modchip in Paris
    [​IMG]
    Xbox : http://www.xavbox.com
    PS2 : http://www.xavboxps2.com
    HDLoader : http://hdloader.xavboxps2.com[/small]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2004
  12. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Yup all I want is the ability to add more HDDs to the box and it's nice.

13. xavbox

xavbox Member

3 HDD is enough ;-)

14. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Hey xavbox, can you tell me how you go the extra HDDs held down in place? I tend to move my xbox a lot and besides duct tape, I don't know what else to hold the HDDs down so they don't move around when I pick up my xbox.