1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox classic emulation on Xbox360

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Nechen, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Nechen

Nechen Member

As I've found, theres a lot of "Classic" Xbox games that simply will not play on the 360, whether its an issue with Nvidia games working on an ATI Xbox360 or whatnot I have no idea.

Anyway I picked up a copy of Def Jam: Fight for NY and it can see the disc but gives me the usual "This classic game cannot run, check xbox.com/games for more details"

Anyway I figure this is like anything else that requires Emulation but I have very little knowledge in this area, if anyone could offer any insight I'd really appreciate it :)

2. newhelper

newhelper Member

i believe you need the backward compatiblily update though even with that some dont still work though some games are being redone i think to be used with the xbox360 like gta sa for example its up for download on xbox live to be played, emulation might not be an option i know that emulation takes aton of processing power since it has to minic actuall hardware with software code so i dont think you will see a xbox emulator for the xbox 360 your best bet would to go to your local pawn shop or secondhand store and pick one up, i picked one up at goodwill for 12.99