1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox connection problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by IcyChill, Feb 19, 2007.

1. IcyChill

IcyChill Regular member

when i coonect the ethernet cable to my xbox nothing is happening. the lights in the back are not on. I think something might be broken. is there anything that i can do inside to fix this?

2. observent

observent Guest

Well bro is your xbox modded with a dash like evoX or avelaunch? if so either way you need to setup the ip address like ur IP,dns,gateway and so on more info would be great :D

3. observent

observent Guest

or it should automaticly be detected what are you trying to do xbox live... FTP? or?

4. IcyChill

IcyChill Regular member

either way it wont connect. a while back i tried using xbox live and it was saying that nothing was connected. the same thing is happening when i try to ftp. there are no lights on in the back where the ethernet cable connects

5. observent

observent Guest

are u using a modded xbox?

6. IcyChill

IcyChill Regular member

yea but i know for a fact that has nothing to do with it

7. observent

observent Guest

Ok well mybe ur mobo internet port is fried ive have that happen to me about 3 times this year sucks balls :p

8. IcyChill

IcyChill Regular member

is there anything i can do?

9. observent

observent Guest

Uh well if its hooked up to a router or a switch you shouldnt have any problems the default gateway/dns is always 192.168.0.1 so make sure that is set to that then from there try playing around with the actual ip address mybe because there is a computer with that address already on ur network other than that i wouldnt just try to play with the ip's and it should eventually work