1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox dash question for rusty dog

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by guahan, Oct 25, 2003.

1. guahan

guahan Guest

in my evo x i have the option of loading the xbox dash, but i am unable highlight it.
    i need to put in my saves from my memory card, but cant find an option to load it in my evo x. Do you know of this problem and can you guide and instruct me on how to load memory from the card to the hard drive???

2. guahan

guahan Guest

also where can i cownload games for xbox?

3. GetModded

GetModded Guest

I'm almost positive that the only 2 ways to access a memory card are with the original Xbox dash or with either boXplorer or Xcommander.
    If you used the Team Xavier installer then load the installer again and choose to install 1 dash. Choose the correct Version dash for your XBox kernal and you should be able to Launch it from the menu now. Or you should also be able to disable the chip and load the original Dash.
    RustyDog

4. guahan

guahan Guest

but if i disable the chip will i be able to just reinstall it and not have to go through the whole process of flashing it?

5. guahan

guahan Guest

but if i disable the chip will i be able to just reinstall it and not have to go through the whole process of flashing it?

6. GetModded

GetModded Guest

By disabling your chip I don't mean removing it. There should be some way to turn it OFF and ON while it's still installed in the XBox.
    What chip do you have?

RustyDog

7. guahan

guahan Guest

i have the chameleon, i have not seen an off switch, the guy that installed it said that it is the latest version of evo x.
    1.8 version

8. GetModded

GetModded Guest

There are 2 ways to disable the Chameleon chip. If installed in mode 4 you can use the Eject Button to disable it if the P and E wires are soldered in.
    Or if your Evox.ini file is edited correctly you should have an option in the EvolutionX dash to disable the chip and boot from the TSOP (original Xbox bios).

Check with the person that did the install to see how it's set up and how to disable it.
    RustyDog

9. guahan

guahan Guest

hey RustyDog, thanks for the info, you seem to know alot about this subject, and your response
    is greatly appreciated and helpful. in the future i hope ican come to you for more questions on how modded xbox works.
    Thnxx, guahan.