1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Data Recovery

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Opey, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Opey

Opey Member

Please help if you can, i would be very grateful. I've managed to screw my Xbox, Evox loads, but very very slowly and my FTP client cannot see any of the files stored on the drive i installed in it (maxtor 250GB) , so i have taken to drive out and placed it as a slave on my PC with the intention of getting the stuff i stored on it back into a safe place. I have tried Get Back Data for NTFS but this doesn't find much, i'm assuming it's because Xbox drives use a different file system (Fatx?), so can anyone point me in the right direction of software that will allow me to recover this data in Windows?

2. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

unless you have important stuff on it then theres no way the best way to get it to go faster is to format F G drive and put your stuff back one it
    there is no way of pluggeing it into the pc because the bios are set for the xbox not the pc

sorry

ps what version of xbox do you have

3. Opey

Opey Member

Xbox V1.6 i believe, Do i need a new xbox? Or is the fact it was so slow just telling me that the Slayer install i had on it is stuffed?

4. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

your xbox is still good
    it might be the slayers on it some of them are not good
    do u have your bios and back ups
    if so then make an xboxhdm and fix it that way its a lot easyer

5. steimy

steimy Active member

I would just get Slayer 2.7 Final, reformat the hard drive and then let it reinstall all the programs and apps. The only real lose would be your games, athough some of the newer auto installers can skip over game save files.

Make sure you use the correct format type (large hard drive) and that you copy your hacked dash to the correct partition as well as the apps to the correct partition. and that you have the hard drive jumper in the correct place. Make sure all the IDE cables are connected tighly as well.