1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Disc Emulation

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by thejacl, Oct 25, 2004.

1. thejacl

thejacl Member

What I don't understand is if we can play Xbox games on our PC using an emulator program, why is it that someone hasn't come out with some kind of "add-on" for burning software such as Nero? If an emulator program can trick the disc into thinking that it has been inserted into an xbox, then how come there is no way to trick Windows into being able to read the Xbox disc.

I could be wrong in the way an emulator works since I have no experience in using emulators (other than GBA ones!) And another thing I find myself wandering: can windows not read the disc because of the fact that the Xbox is Linux based? I mean, a Windows based computer, for example, cannot read *.RAR files, unless you have a program like WinRAR to read them with. Why hasn't anyone developed software to specifically read an Xbox disc??? I dunno, I could be totally out to lunch on ths one, and I'm am quite sure I am not the only one who has thought of this, and there probably is a very logical reason why this is not possible, but I figured I'd throw it out there. So if you have any info/comments about this, please shoot!

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  3. thejacl

thejacl Member

Are you saying that you can buy the XBOX version of halo and play it on your PC? Cause if a DVD rom cannot read Xbox games, then how can you play an xbox version of halo on the pc?

4. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

5. thejacl

thejacl Member

So with these emulators (remember I do not have any experience with them) do they play ISO images of the games or do they play the xbox dvd?

6. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member