1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox does nothing

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by monsterxx, Oct 13, 2003.

1. monsterxx

monsterxx Member

what i'm using
    Excuter2 lite
    xbox version 1.0 on non working xbox
    xbox version 1.2 on working xbox
    evolutionx_build_3921
    Xecuter2_Build.4978.03_512k

I have 2 xboxs 1 working ok the other not. The flash seemed to go ok when it boots without a cd it says xecuter2. When I boot with the cdrw to load evox, it says xecuter2 for a few seconds and the says MS. and just spins the cd for a while.

What I tried
    1.I traced all leads from the board to the wires (all ok) ever desoldered all point and resoldered, checked again with a multimeter (all ok)
    2.made sure cdrw work on the other xbox it did, and then swaped dvd roms, still didn't work.
    3. Swaped working mod chip into the non working xbox still does the same thing.
    MS games still work .
    FYI,I have a LPT flash programer, but couldn't get it working tried for hrs

Any ideas would be great

2. ELVER_GUN

ELVER_GUN Regular member

have you tried the bios at 1024kb?
    if you have the programmer and the bios goes wrong
    you can change it easy to other size

at all tutorials
    is stated that bios for x-ecuter 2.2
    has to be 1mb

you lose nothing trying that
    ;)

3. monsterxx

monsterxx Member

I did make the bios into 1024mb like the tut said. I used the same setup on 2 different xboxs and it worked great.they were the say versions. the third is not going so well.

4. skinny85

skinny85 Member

I have same problem.
    Xbox v.1.0
    X2.2Lt (reflashed w/ x2-4977)
    Put EvX on 4xMemCDRW
    "X2" Logo appears when booting but goes straight to MS Dashboard.

Followed tuts, changed xbedash to default and used Ev 4 dumies (excluding use of Xiso and still (never boots) I never get a "cant recognize disk error", It just won't boot. I power up and down about 40 times then give up. Any help.

This is frustrating.
    The only thing that i currently mod in the .ini file is the IGR and Network Settings for hub. Do I have to mod my .ini file to go with the bios on my chip?

5. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Could be just that your DVD drives are very picky about what CD-RW's it will load. Just try a few different Brand Names.
    RustyDog

6. monsterxx

monsterxx Member

It is not the cdrw's because i have a second xbox that is up and running with the same mod. the cdrw boots with that so i swaped dvd roms and it still does the same thing.
    If any on has some suggestion that would be great. like i said i have an xbox that is up and running, so if i could do some sort of swap with the hdd's i would give it a try.

7. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Using the same chip swapping it, Do both XBox's say Xecuter under the X during startup?
    If the non-working XBox doesn't then it's either a bad connection with the LPC or D0.
    RustyDog

8. monsterxx

monsterxx Member

when i did the chip swap it say xecuter2 for a few seconds then i hear the disk spinning and then ms is diplayed. it just spins and spin. I let it spinning for about 10 min. I reseted about 80 - 100 time (i'm i might do some damage if i keep reseting) I traced every lead and wire and they are ok. i heald the multi meter on the back side of the board, and on the mod chip for d0, thats ok
    it does it with both mod chips.
    on the 1 thats working I can play my backup games and connect ftp.

Question-- If I ghost my 80gig to a identical 80gig will that work?

9. GetModded

GetModded Guest

The one that's not working is the version 1?
    Are you changing the switch setting on the chip between version 1,1.1 & 1.2,1.3
    I know some X2 chips have a switch some don't. Not sure which one you have.
    RustyDog

10. monsterxx

monsterxx Member

I got it working.
    thanks getmodded for all your help.
    i was a loose connection with the extra board (with the 3 connecters). the 1 with the controllers connected to it. It was leaning forward a hair. I went to play a game and the controller wasn't working properly. i thought i cooked something. then so i diconnected that board reconnected it and it worked.
    put in the evox cd and it booted up.
    skinny85 check this out and let me know.

Thanks I might have givin up if you were not helping me out.

11. skinny85

skinny85 Member

Yes, I'm using Xbox version 1.0 but I never knew about changing a switch on my Xecuter2.2Lt to fit my version.On the toggle switch, i see enable/disable protect/unprotect bank 1/2. Ill take a closer look at the chip itself.

Also, i just got the Slayers 2.1 and I get the same result. don't know if x24977 bios is updated enough to boot it( I used a DVD-R and says "unable to recognize" )

12. GetModded

GetModded Guest

If your getting the Xecuter logo under the X at start up then it's just a matter of burning the ISO to a disc that your Xbox "likes".
    Try a few different brand name CD-RW's and burn at no more than 4X speed.
    If you can burn DVD's you'll probably have better luck with finding a brand that loads.
    RustyDog

13. skinny85

skinny85 Member

Look guys, Im really excited. I couldnt get my Slayers or EvoX disk to boot for months, but i swapped DVD roms out with my friends XBOX and it booted on the first try. We both had XBox version 1.0s and the same exact DVD rom drives. Thompsons. For some reason, it worked. I hope this helps all of you like me who were ready to quit. if you get the X2 logo when your xbox boots then your good to go.Just swap and see what happens. I will be back when I get everything set up. Peace. Thanx to GetModded and all who helped.