1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox dont read cd -r's

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by aznnoob, Apr 23, 2006.

1. aznnoob

aznnoob Member

does xbox read cd-r's cuz mine dont and i was just wondering if its messed up

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Depends on what sort of xbox and drive you have..

If it has 2 extra holes in the tray it's a samsung..buy better cd-r's, or maybe it's a v1.6 in which case try a cd-rw..if it reads that then you have a v1.6 xbox with a samsung sg-605f drive

Philips has a wide slot for the lens..reads some brands but not all..try a cd-rw, if it reads that it's probably a philips

Thomson.. narrow slot for the lens..try burning a multisession cd-r and not finalising it, but the chances are slim!! :)

3. ilovehalo

ilovehalo Member

which cd drive would i have? i got my xbox with the "massive entertaiment pack" in 2002

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

5. aznnoob

aznnoob Member

i just want to know if i softmod an xbox will it be able to read cd-r, because when its not softmodded it cant read it, so if or how do i get my xbox to read cd-r?

6. janrocks

janrocks Guest

7. handsom

handsom Regular member

This is true with a lot of them. Although I actually had one unit that wouldn't read DVD+R's but read any CD-R just fine. I hated messing with that one; the owner had somehow damaged the network port, so I couldn't even do an FTP job.

If it won't read CD-R's; it should at least read DVD+R's; but I don't know if that's helpful to you.

The drive mod isn't easy; but it does the trick, look into Janrocks' links; that's great info.