1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox dunce requests help with evox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by silkman, May 24, 2004.

1. silkman

silkman Member

Yo ppl.i have an xbox with 120gig h/d.a friend backed up my original games on my h/d as i travel alot.i have now "lost" my evox dash.i do have evox software on disk but am not sure as to do a full installation of software or not as it tells me that it will format all drives except E, all info will be lost! will i losy my old saves etc? how do i get my old games back?please help i am a real dunce when it comes to pc jargon :)

2. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

well, your games saves are stored on the e: drive, so you'd be ok there, but you don't need to reformat the hdd in order to get evox running again. Burn evoX to disc and boot from it. Then ftp into your box and copy the contents of the disc (basically evoxdash.xbe and evox.ini) back to the c: partition. Make sure you check for your existing evox.ini as replacing it would mean you'll have to re-configure the ini back to how you originally had it. It's probably still there, so I wouldn't replace it. If you want to start completely from scratch, replace it.

3. silkman

silkman Member

thanks liquid..but I have no clue what u r saying..sorry..im not clued up at all with pc stuff.alli know is when i put the evox disk in it says system utils,dvd launch,full sofware install etc. i juss dont wanna lose my games that are on h/d??sorry man i know it must be frustrating dealing with guys like me :)

4. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

make an evox boot disc, then ftp the evox dash over to you c folder(along with the evox ini if thats gone to)

5. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

nah. it's not frustrating at all. Everybody was there once.
    Do that full software install. That'll replace evoX on your hdd (or is that slayers? it'll do alot more than just evoX if it's slayers). In anycase, It won't format your hdd unless it's the "new hdd" version (whatever it's called. a version of evoX designed to format a new hdd).
    Or, you could teach yourself how to ftp into your xbox from your computer. That way, you boot the disc (the same one you have been), ftp into your xbox, find the files your looking for (evoxdash.xbe and evox.ini) and go from there. Go to www.xbox-scene.com for loads of tutorials on all sorts of crap. It'll tell you every last detail you need to know to get your xbox working a-ok.
    I recommend learning to ftp. There's a whole ton of other benefits from learning ftp than just fixing this problem.

Last edited: May 26, 2004