1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox dvd drive failure

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Devilest, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Devilest

Devilest Member

When i turn on my xbox it works but when i change the game or restart it the dvd drive will not open. and it satrts flashing red/green and i get the error code #12. but if i wait several hours and start it up it will go through the same process

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

easy fix, just go on ebay, you can get a cheap tompson for like 30-40 usd. i know everyone says they suck but brand new works pretty darn good, then you can check out xbox-scene for a tutorial on how to tweak the laser to read better and even cd-r's. hope this helps. you don't even have to do anything to install the new dvbd drive. they are all plug and play.

3. Devilest

Devilest Member

i guess it was a problem with the xbox. i took the dvd drive out of my other one and switched them now they both work. weird. =]

4. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

hey thats what i was thinking about doing , swaping 2 xbox hard drives,and u say thay work weird what do u mean r thay stuffed? were ether of them moded?

5. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

sorry i read wrong your talkin dvd drives!!!! it should have worked fine!!!

6. XENIUMAN

XENIUMAN Member

Eventually you should get the samsiung dvd drive from http://www.llamma.com. They are only charging 60 for the 130 dollar drive.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007