1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox DVD drive\Vitrual drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Vock, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Vock

Vock Member

I have an xbox, and the original dvd drive is kind of dying and giving a lot of read errors on DVDs that work fine on other people's xboxes. I have a bigger HD in my xbox, so making hard copies isn't an issue, I'm just wondering if it's possible to get an xbox to play from a .iso file, since it's a lot quicker to upload one of those instead of the entire game.

I guess my question rephrased, is there such a thing as a virtual drive for an xbox that can mount DVD iso images?

2. Vock

Vock Member

If it helps: Did the SID 4.0 softmod, with a bigger HDD, wondering if you can mount the DVD ISO straight from the HDD of the xbox.

3. theridges

theridges Guest

Dont Really know what your asking i mean Transferring the xbox ISO With Qwix is the answer your looking for i guess....

4. Vock

Vock Member

Sorry, I'm wondering if the xbox can play directly from a .iso file, without having to extract the whole thing, and transfer each file over, which would take a lot longer.

5. theridges

theridges Guest

Well if this is a download game which i believe it is.....just use Qwix to upload the game it will upload the File as an ISO which makes time for the transfer about 8-13 minutes....

6. Vock

Vock Member

Awesome, that's what I was looking for. Thanks a ton, cuts down from extracting and 5 hours to upload.