1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox DVD+R DL Backups

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Dr_Roc, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Dr_Roc

Dr_Roc Guest

Has anybody had any luck with backing up a Xbox Dual layer game eg. MGS Substance or RSC2 on 8.5Gb DVD+R DL disc? I tried backing up MGS Substance on a Verbatim. The Disc would not read in my Thompson drive Xbox, Phillips drive Xbox or Samsung drive Xbox! Hell, even my Pioneer DVR-A05 and DVR-A06 would not read the disc. Only the LG GSA-4120B I burnt it with would read it! Any help out there please?

2. Brent2237

Brent2237 Guest

I have the same problem.

I though it was maybe these "Datasafe" dvd's that i'm using, but you're having the same problem with the Verbatum discs.

Kind regards,

Brent.

3. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

This is pretty new media, and its highly likely that its just not compatible with these drives. If your willing to spend the outrageous prices that they're asking for this media right now, why not just buy a larger HD for your xbox. Back those large games up that way.

4. clarky

clarky Regular member

A few guys on xbox-scene have gotten them to work fine. Checkout the forums, then go to iso creating, and search for dvd dual layer - burn the whole game.

Its on the first five pages.

5. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Cool, my bad. The hard drive route is a sure thing though. I was just suggesting that at around 10 bucks a disc, there are other alternatives. When DL media becomes cheaper and highly compatible, it will make more sense. But go ahead and make coasters out of those 10 dollar bills.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/b5.jpg%5B/img[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2004
  6. Brent2237

Brent2237 Guest

Thanks for the advice guys.

Kind regards,

Brent

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I have posted an app on the eurasia.nu site that will split the metal gear solid 2 game into 2 disks. One disk will have the actual game,and the other will have the vr missions. You will have to register to the forums to use the site,but the tool is worth the effort. There are also lots of other 'tools' there too. To get to the tool,just goto downloads/and then search 'split' in the search bar. It will be the first item. You're welcome.

8. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Thanks punqewe, nice work!

9. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Anytime

10. Brent2237

Brent2237 Guest

Yeah, thanks very much :))

11. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

Just wondering if my memorex 8x dvd+r would work in my Samsung drive was getting DDError in my Tompson drive on retail disc's