1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Error 13 Help Needed ASAP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by RideHaro, May 5, 2005.

1. RideHaro

RideHaro Member

hey im an idiot... first off... i gave my xbox to some guy and let him softmod it.. things worked fantastically.. then i bought a spiderchip mod v. 1.1 Then i decided i wanted to take things to the next level, and i began a slayers evox autoinstaller in my xbox...now this is where i need someones help, my spiderchip was never installed into my xbox( it pretty much doesnt even know its there, whether its on or off my xbox wouldnt know because it hasnt used it since its been softmodded) if i turn on my xbox now i get an error 13, if i turn it on with an original game it loads up fine, if i turn it on with a back up i get an error 14. I really need to know how to fix the error 13 problem without having to use a burnt cd since my xbox wont read it..... i greatly appreciate anyone who would take any time out of their lives to help me... you wouldnt believe how much it would mean to me to get this problem fixed thanks

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

error 13 is a dashboard error...have you installed a dashboard? is it possible that the dashboard was deleted somehow? need more info from you.

3. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

Not sure but what might of happend was.... when u do a softmod the m$dash gets deleted(unless the guy used backup C drive option). when u installed ur chip u did it wrong but u tryd' to install slayers anyway. when u install slayers itll delete the softmod due to formating. with the chip not working the Slayers didnt work either but u did format ur harddrive so things got deleted. sounds like ur m$ dash was deleted then ur softmod was and the slayers didnt stick so u have no dash at all on ur xbox now. if games will boot up then u could probably redo the softmod. restore the m$dash. install the chip properly. then try Slayers again. hope this helps:)

4. RideHaro

RideHaro Member

yes dashboard failure, thats exactly what im thinking... i formated it so its all gone, so how do i redo the mod if it will not read burnt discs?(slayers) or how do i resoftmod it using 007?
    will the file still be on there so all i do is put in the game and voila?... i dont know how this guy softmodded it. but my friend said that if for my luckiest chances he used 007 i would be able to put in the game and resoftmod it since everything is already on there and i should be able from there to start from scratch correct?? thanks for the reply so soon

5. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

yes the softmod will still be on the hdd(unless ofcoars u deleted it) so use the 007 agent under fire game to reinstall it.(if it was done with 007) when u do the soft mod remenbre to patch m$ dash first. (should be an option to do that in the installer) let us know if u get it goin or if u have another question.:)

6. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

btw...........the 007 must be an original copy NOT the platinum version. you can probably just rent it

7. harakiri

harakiri Guest

I'm having some of the same problems with my softmod. I was using Unleash X I now get an error 13 code everytime I turn the Xbox on, and still no luck with loading the 007 game to try and run the installer again. I'm really new to this so please be patient. I'm going to be filled with questions, but right now I would just like some suggestions. please

8. RideHaro

RideHaro Member

well i put in the original (not platinum) and went load mission like im suposed to and there was 2 things there, my name, and xbox hard disc
    so i click on xbox hard disc and it says not information available, so it had to have been deleted or never modded this way to begin w/

9. RideHaro

RideHaro Member

hey, me again, with another problem. My second xbox factory style. i modded w/ james bond yesterday all went well i played some burnt games, and then i put in midnight club 3 dub edition,(i downloaded it) well apparently some f*cking D*ckwad misnamed the file so it was xbox-hq autoinstaller, i didnt realize it i just thought it was my xbox actin up or somethin but it wasnt. so i went to M$dash.xbe... not knowing i was doing anything wrong and then it began to load the dashboard, quick rite away it switches to xbox error 21!!! go f*ckin figure... only my dumbass well thats the story and to fix i've read in other forums but to fix it they said ftp into xbox but it wont let me ftp unless its on the dashboard, and it wont read burnt discs because the softmod got deleted off of the harddrive somehow, i checked by reloading the 007 game and loading mission and there wasnt anything in the hard disc drive file aswell,,, thanks bye

10. harakiri

harakiri Guest

I'm having some of the same problems with my softmod. I was using Unleash X I now get an error 13 code everytime I turn the Xbox on, and still no luck with loading the 007 game to try and run the installer again. I'm really new to this so please be patient. I'm going to be filled with questions, but right now I would just like some suggestions. please help me i'm in need

11. RideHaro

RideHaro Member

i had another question.... since i have a spiderchip i would be able to use that somehow to fix my problem correct?.... well if i cant load a dashboard, and cant load burnt disc's because the softmod was deleted how the hell am i supposed to do that?? i read in another forum i could but how... i mean if i were able to load burnt media that'd be a different thing.... someone please point me in the rite direction into fixing this.... i also came across 2 xbox 10g. harddrives seagate, both unlocked .... could i replace my broken one with one of these?? if so how please leave a full how to if u know how thanks

12. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

as far as i know if the dash doesnt load and you cant put a burnt disk in your pretty much screwd, cause u cant flash bios or put a softmod on there. if the original softmod was deleted than i dont know what to tell you. there is probably a way to fix this but i dont know. sorry i cant be any help.:(

13. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

Ridharo u cant just stick a a different hard drive into an unmodded xbox. (that would be error code 5 i think)

14. RideHaro

RideHaro Member

well how could i get both of those harddrives softmodded and then put them in mine??
    could i use a friends xbox to do so?
    if so please tell me exactly how... i dont wanna fusk up their xbox either

15. edgarseow

edgarseow Member

I have a slightly different problem with error 13. I am able to play my games fine but I will ALWAYS get an error 13 msg when I boot up without a disc. I have never played 007 (unless the shop did it that way). Is there any other way of patching or fixing the problem? I'm just worried that I may one day never be able to load or start up the xbox.

Also, how do I install regularly-played games into the harddisk?

Thanks in advance.

16. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Well you are kinda right,there are two versions of the platinum edition....one works and one doesn't. You look on the label of the disk,and at the end of the writting under the EA logo there will be a number.

1448517-this one works
    1448527-this one doesn't