1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox error 16

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by vertigo26, Nov 6, 2004.

1. vertigo26

vertigo26 Member

Hi,
    i have a modded xbox with an executer 2pro chip.
    I now get the xbox error 16 when i try to boot the xbox.

I've read some post that this could have to do with the system clock check during boot.

I'm now searching for a compatible bios that does not has the system clock check. Can someone point out what bios i can use?

If my modchip is broken, would it show the error 16 code or another one?

Thx,

Keep modding!

Vertigo

2. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

16 - dashboard - Other files to do with dashboard / dashboard settings (specific dashboard error)

Which means that you fu*ked with your files and deleted something (or someone did) and it has no dash now. The way you can fix that is by booting to evox since you have a modchip that I suppose is flash with none m$ or cromwell bios. You can make a boot disc like slayers or whatever and just re-do the C: drive with what you want, or if you used a exploit such as 007 then boot to the disc and go in that way. More info is what we need.

Degalle

3. vertigo26

vertigo26 Member

Hi degalle,

i have a evox boot disk, but it won't boot it because it won't jump over of the time setting check.

I'm now looking for a bios that disables the time check. Would a cromwell bios help?

I'm now using Xecuter2 bios version 4976.02

Thx,

'Free software from Tirany!'

4. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

Cromwell would skip this but the bad thing is it will ask you to put in a disk(if i'm right) to flash the bios, so if you can use evox m7 or m8 (m7 will work on an older box but won't work on newer ones). Try that and see if it works (make sure you use the right bios, the right bios size, and not Bootable from media {BFM})

Hope that help out a little bit,
    Degalle

5. szesty

szesty Member

I have the same problem. I installed the Xenium Ice mod chip, which shows that it is installed correctly. However, I believe that in the process, I somehow formatted my c drive. After a while, I said screw it, took out the chip, and tried to just get my regualr xbox back, but because the c drive, I'm still getting an error 16. Is there anyway to fix this....? Also, I have another modded Xbox. I even took the hard drive(from working mod) and tried installing it in this other box, but it still won't load, and I still get an error 16. I've tried burning slayers in .ISO format, but nothing will load. Any help would be great.......thanks

6. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

Error16: Xbox ErrCode: 16 - dashboard - Other files to do with dashboard / dashboard settings (specific dashboard error) - SOLUTION: This is usually a clock error. If you are swapping HDD's and get this error, make sure to swap HDD's with power cable still plugged in, but power off on Xbox. Then insert SlaYer's or an EvoX boot disc and boot. If your chip is off and you get this error, you need to reset the clock and/or re-install the M$ Dash.

7. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

Error16: Xbox ErrCode: 16 - dashboard - Other files to do with dashboard / dashboard settings (specific dashboard error) - SOLUTION: This is usually a clock error. If you are swapping HDD's and get this error, make sure to swap HDD's with power cable still plugged in, but power off on Xbox. Then insert SlaYer's or an EvoX boot disc and boot. If your chip is off and you get this error, you need to reset the clock and/or re-install the M$ Dash.

8. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

9. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

10. szesty

szesty Member

How do I reset the clock, and/or re-install M$ dash? I tried putting slayers as an ISO on a CD-RW, and it does not load before the error 16 message comes up?

11. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

sorry i repeated the post but couldnt do anything.Try to lock hd and go thorugh locked hd in ms dash

12. szesty

szesty Member

The thing is, I can't even get to M$ dash...So I don't know what to do. another quick question - do I leave slayers as an exe or do i convert it to a .iso

13. Victrum

Victrum Member

i have two Xbox, with two different problems

1.- error 16
    2.- error 5

i don't know what i can do

I use splinter cell for a softmod , and hq autoinstaller, i made a backup before but i cant acces to my xbox. Please tell me what i can do. i dont want loose my xbox

14. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

Error5: Xbox ErrCode: 5 - kernel - HDD not locked (retail bioses require the hd to be locked) - SOLUTION: The retail bios is probably loading instead of your hacked bios AND you have an upgraded or unlocked HD. You can lock the HD with the SlaYer's Disc or Config Magic.

15. szesty

szesty Member

How do I use slayers. I converted it to an .ISO, then burned it on a CD-RW, however, my xbox won't read it before I get the error 16 message. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

16. Victrum

Victrum Member

where i can found the slayer disk or config magic disc, what i should do burn it on cd and put it inside the xbox? but the xbox don't read anything

17. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

18. Victrum

Victrum Member

Men, i download the file, i burn it on a dvd, i think that follow the instructions well, and the xbox don't response just don't do anything. i try in the two xbox (error 5 error 16) and nothing happend

I made (or try made) a softmod before this errors. Please, tellme any sugestion

19. szesty

szesty Member

Ok...I made a disc of Slayers, and it works on my good xbox, so I know that it is ok. However, I put it in the broken one, and when I choose which bios I want to load from my launch menu for my xenium ice, the box still just reboots, it doesn't even try and load the bios. What is this problem from?

20. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

probably no bios on it.try to get a bios and ftp it on your xbox or make a bios disk.And to make slayers boot also try to lock hd and then go in ms dash.and i think there might be a problem with the softmod.it should boot on a modchip

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004