1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX Error Codes Explained- Go Here First!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by deezp1, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Gizza205

Gizza205 Member

Alright i wanna Try Error 16 alternative with friends xbox right? But what if we dont have a chip will it work?

2. gaynoob

gaynoob Member

ok, hopefully i can get some help. i've been browsing for a couple hours now, and can't find an answer.

modded my xbox couple weeks ago. everything was set up and working fine, games would play off the hard drive, would play backups, ftp'ed it no prob, etc.

took it to work last nite, tried to start it up and nothing was happening. afraid i may have bumped it around a little. brought it home, and messed with it. would turn it on (after holding down the power button for a second or two, not like it normally fires up with just a tap of the button.) and it would flash green three times, and shut off. i had the solderless mod, checked the connections, and all looked fine. so i took all that stuff out (chip, adapter, all the wires) and had the same problem.

tried start up with and without hdd, and dvd rom. same problem.

i'm stumped.

3. CoolHero

CoolHero Guest

Does anybody, and i mean anybody know how to get rid of the freakin

error code 21? ive tried everything and nothing will work and i am

starting to get frusterated and eventually i will take a sledge

hammer and destroy the hell out of my xbox and see if it will start

then. i probably will curse at it a lot too along with stomping on

it.

4. breala713

breala713 Member

Well its three things i head that can fix that one is you can use a slayer disc which can be found on the torrent sites by searching them up and the second is to hot swap and the third is a chip to do the second you have to see the microsoft display when you turn it on cause mines did If you dont you need to hotswap it with a computer or a modded xbox But i would suggest a chip though cause you benefit more with that.

5. CoolHero

CoolHero Guest

thanks breala but is ok now!

6. raven1970

raven1970 Member

hi there guyz n galz

is there any way of locking a hdd without a modchip??as i had the xbox given to me and it was only softmoded

thnx for the info

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  7. p4king25

p4king25 Guest

hi i need help with my xbox. the xbox gives me an error 16 than when i go to fix it it gives me a message saying failed to read cluster chain map. drive c can you help me please.

8. spoken360

spoken360 Member

Does anyone know how to fix an error 16 with a softmoded xbox. My friend softmoded the xbox and left it unplugged for more than 5 hours not knowing that it would screw up the internal clock. I tried swaping the hard drive with mine but since its not locked I obviously get an error 05 which is what I expected but you can't blame a guy for trying. :) Any help would be greatly appriciated....thanks!

9. gadgeteer

gadgeteer Member

Hi, I also had lots of problems with my Xbox 360 until recently I have found a great tech support site that help me fix all of my problems.

Here is the page for Xbox 360 Support

Hope it helps

Gadgeteer

10. iplaynude

iplaynude Member

i've been searching around the forms for awhile and can't exactly find an answer to my questions/problem. I softmodded my xbox a long time ago and as soon as i did i screwed something up because i kept getting an error. after messing around with it for awhile i think i may have fixed some stuff and screwed up some other stuff. Now the problem i am having is when ever i try to go to my m$-dash i get error 21 and i was woundering if there is anyway to fix this. I have unleash x as my main dash and i can still get to my xbox live part of my M$ dash. any help would be great.

11. iplaynude

iplaynude Member

nevermind i think i may have fixed it just by deleating it and useing a game to update the dash. not sure about being able to get on xbox live but i got my dash back

12. ammad123

ammad123 Member

XboX is totally GAY!!! Gay it tell ya'll 0_0 (What kind of a name "XboX" i mean if i wanted one i would grab an ordinary "Box" and Label it with an "X"...GAY)

13. darrenss

darrenss Member

Thank,s very much for your infomation i will go and see if it work,s

14. darrenss

darrenss Member

can anyone tell me what else is thier apart from evox because i keep geting error 16 come up i have tried every thing else????????????? i dont know what to do now.

15. lilweezy2

lilweezy2 Member

I have 2 Xbox's. one doesn't play games because of the dirty eye and the other blinks green and red and has a problem with the harddrive. so can i take the harddrive out of the one that cant read games and put it in the other one??
    please help

16. sozchide

sozchide Member

can anyone help us, we have just had our xbox 360 chipped and we are getting error codes e64 and e24 what i this and how do we get round it?

17. wombat581

wombat581 Member

ok i have a soft modded xbox i get error message 16 this first happend when i let my friend barrow my xbox and his little sister went and deleted some stuff and i cant remember what dash bord i was running please is it possible to fix this error

18. mini13

mini13 Guest

it is the wrong firmware get a different firmware put on and it should solve the problem ps

it is dvd firmware error

19. shawty

shawty Member

first of all i must say, of all the guides i've been through (tons), this is the only one that helped me understand what my problem was.
    I boot my xbox and i get the error screen with error 16, when i boot it with halo 1, the green and red lights have a little longer delay, that means the game has some kind of effect on it, but i canĀ“t access any dashboard.
    I have the dark green xbox with samsung reader, evox (default dashboard) and ms, and i know where i screwed up accidentally, i ftp'd my xbox in order to install xbmc, as told in the official xbmc guide, but i only got to the step where you have to change the evoxdashboard.xbe file to the default.xbe file in order to access xbmc as the default dashboard.
    I changed the files and deleted evoxdashboard.xbe , but the lights went out due to a stormy day ,so obviously, there's no xbmc to load ,nor evox, nor ms, so i got all screwed up. The lights came back for about ten minutes, and the screen said error 13, but i had to turn everything off due to low voltage.
    Next day, the lights came back and error 16 screen came up, obviously i cant just insert the slayers auto install cd-rw because the clock's battery has already drained.
    Now, i read about the solutions, the external flash is extremely hard to get round here, so just discard it, but the other is possible (a lil' bit), first of all, i dont have a friend with a modded xbox and will never have (not optional), my xbox is softmodded, and i dont know how to unlock a hdd (noob), but i have read in other guides that this can be done with another hdd, any type, and my pc has two, and i have a video ipod (preferably wont use it) and an ipod mini (dont care much about it).
    I would be really grateful if anyone could help, if you prefer to contact me by messenger (i do) please do it r_prieto5@hotmail.com.
    Thanks a lot.

20. mini13

mini13 Guest

buy a modchip that will fix all your problems