1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX Error Codes Explained- Go Here First!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by deezp1, Jul 14, 2005.

1. mx710

mx710 Member

THANK YOU PERSON I LOVE YOU I WILL DO THAT RIGHT AWAY THANK YOU THANK YOU

2. lordtut

lordtut Guest

i have a softmodded xbox with a extra 40gig HDD installed.
    i have a odd problem some time my xbox will not start up if i leave it unpluged for x hours it sometimes starts up but when it does it plays all my back up games, original games, and games of my HDD fine untill i turn it off for a few minutes.
    do you guyes have any ideas on what the problem is and what i can do to fix it?

3. IMrHankyI

IMrHankyI Guest

ok i had a modded xbox and while i was trying to remove the softmod it was going ok but when it was about to finish i accidently pressed back on the control so i turn off the xbox but when i opened the disk tray i got an error 13 so i disconnect the xbox to see if that would fix it but when i turn it back i got an error 16 i have another xbox thats not modded and was hoping if i can use the other xboxs hardrive to fix the clock settings then fix the error 13

4. ironbot

ironbot Member

im new ,sorry if this is in the wrong place. having read the posts here, it seems i have a dash/internal clock problem.(error 16).to confirm what ive read.. i can reset the clock in the non working x-box by tempory fitting a working hdd from another x-box to reset the clock?. then i will ahve error 13 (dashboard launch fail). i have another x-box unmodded (as the non working one is). so: 1 how do i cure error 13?. 2 will this damage my working hdd?..
    again sorry if this is in the wrong place.

5. reas11

reas11 Member

Hi

I sortmodded my xbox a couple of weeks ago and everything was fine for about a 6 days.

then i downloaded and burn auto installer deleuxe and tryed to install the MS dash off it (i know i'm stupid) and when i reboot my xbox i got error 21.

so i read up and found that my only option was to hotswap (as i don't have my eeprom and didn't keep my splinter cell installer).

so today i open my xbox and used this guide to hot swap http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=426318

but i keep on doing it wrong and keeped on retrying it.

after about 4 trys i got error 7 appear on my screen which is the HDD error and the white microsoft logo isn't coming on.

i checked all my cables and they are all in fine and i didn't really do anything to my HD apart from unplug the ide cable a few times.

so what would you reccommend i do to get back to error 21

6. yomandin

yomandin Guest

hi, can you help me? i made a HDD with the "XBOX HDD MAKER" but i have a mistake locking it, i think i locked wrong and doesn´t work, powering up the console show me an error, i don´t remenber now this one, i tried to make the process again but the Hdd is now locked, can i unlock by other way ??

thks

7. ironbot

ironbot Member

seeing as no-one knew how to solve my last prob i gave in and got it modded:))). so i now have a modded box and a un modded one. thing is i cant get them to "link". i tried with halo 1 halo 2 ect .any ideas whould be great . thanks. btw i used a plain old rj45 cable that came with my router..

8. zachhalo

zachhalo Guest

how do you get rid of an error code 13 so i can play xbox live and get my msdashboard back

9. userace

userace Member

can someone help me i got error 13 on my xbox and i wanted to know if i am screwed or not. is there an ez fix i am extremely dumb with these things and any help would be appreciated!!!!!!
    my email is [REMOVED] if someone can send me a guide or sumthin to fix this..

ty very much for the time

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  10. sinster

sinster Guest

ok i'm new here so bear with me. i've been reading this thread and haven't found anything that specifically answers my problem. i have an un modded xbox i have been getting error 21 recently but only if i power on the console with no game in it. untill yesterday it's been playing games fine, i just bought burnout revenge and it would turn on and start too load the game and show the progress bar on the screen, but then it would just freeze up and do nothing i returned the game for a new one and get the same thing. now all my other games still load and play fine xbox wants 80 dollars to fix just wondering what the consense is on this problem thanks.

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

userace

Posting email addies isn't allowed - forum rules ;)

12. userace

userace Member

sorry but can i get some help

13. 5c4ry_0p

5c4ry_0p Member

Okay so i softmodded afriends xbox and it boots the evox dashboard alright but when i choose in the evox menu Microsoft Dashboard it just show error code 21 in different languajes.I have no friggin clue on wats wrong with it.I want to restore my MS backup and Mod Backup but im afraid that itll wipe out my Gamesaves and stuff.Does restoring the MS backup wipes out your HD or something like that?please,i need help.

14. tigger619

tigger619 Guest

hey guys i need help i soft-modded my xbox and deleated the dash and now i get a error 16 i have another soft-mod with the same things as the other xbox has can i use that hdd to reset the clock on the xbox or will it need something special done to it and if i can reset the clock from that hdd what games will reset the dash sorry if you already answeard this but i need help thanks

15. ironbot

ironbot Member

for a few newbies here i ended up solving my probs without ANY replies from anyone here. my advice...check a few other sites... newbies dont seem to get any replies.

16. frkydkybb

frkydkybb Member

I could use a lot of help. A while back my hard drive started making a clunking noise and giving me wat looks like error 07. It finally quit for about a week and then started up again. I've gotten new IDE cables and they are deffinetly in right. A friend of mine from work says his did the same thing and that he used a CD to flash his hard drive and it fixed the problem, but he always seems to dissapear whenever I want to use the CD. I am also 100% sure that my Xbox is not and has never been modded. So if anybody can help me solve this problem or knows if that CD flash would work and were to find one I would be greatfull. My birthday is tomorrow and I wanted to go onto live and have some fun with friends that are out of town. Thanx again.

17. lincoln90

lincoln90 Guest

ok. when i click checkpoints on splinter cell trying to go to the unleashX screen a blank screen appears and nothing happens help pleeze thanx

18. whitedron

whitedron Guest

Two of my friends soft modded their xboxes. One of them says error 13. The other says error 21. Would hotswapping be the only method to fix them. They said they turned it on and it said that. What are the ways you could get these error messages!
    Do you have just the profile on your xbox or do you have the linux installer also?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2006
  19. Glitched

Glitched Guest

does any one have pictures to open an xbox and how to fix error 7?

20. bkippers

bkippers Regular member

[bold]ok i recently modded my xbox with the instructions on 'how to softmod explained once again for lazy people'. my xbox was working fine for about a week until yesterday i turned it on and i got error code 21 with the led's flashing red and green. i want to know if it can be fixed.[bold]