1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox error please help!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by guinnyss, Apr 29, 2005.

1. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

Service Error 07
    Info: Harddisk timeout.
    Solution: Check the IDE Connection/Cable and check the Power Supply.
    Related topic(s) on X111.com: "XBox: Service Error 07" , "XBox: Did I fry my HDD? (SE07)"

i had that error 7 when i checked my xbox modchip which is an xecuter 3. i realigned the modchip and the red and green light went away but i got the on/off trick which means the xbox attempt to start 3times then quit.. its 3:29 and i don't feel like opening that bitch again, but i remeber seeing some white thick hard foam by the power suppy, but i don't know what to think about it if thats what causin it to short out or its like that... can some please help.

2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Its seems that you only messed with the chip. Error 7 usually means a loose connection somewhere. I would disconnect the power cable and IDE cables for the HDD and reconnect them and see what happens

Good Luck

3. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

okay ima try that and see what happends next.. thanks.

4. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

man im all up n this xbox and there's no loose connetion, everything is soiled, ever IDE,Prower cable etc is firmlt conneted and this bitch still would not start up. that same ol' 3 start then fail.

5. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

thats wierd because Error 7 means the HDD timed out, which means no power is going to the HDD or information is being sent to or from the HDD, BUT the flashing 3 times then turning off (called FRAGing) usually has something to do with the chipped alligned.

so it can be a few things:
    1. the HDD is no good
    2. Bad cables
    3. the chip is not alligned correctly

6. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

lol im loast with this, i guess ima just send it off somewhere and makin it someone else problem for a few bucks.

7. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Sorry man, I know this stuff can be a real headache sometimes, but the reward is well worth the pain. sorry I could help.

8. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

thanks for the help guys.