1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX Error

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Iverson69, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Iverson69

Iverson69 Member

I get error # 16. From what I know it meens "This is a software error and my HD is the problem." Well I have a Western Digital 40 GB HD that I would like to install. Do I have to do anything special to the HD to like format it so XBOX can use it, or do I just plug it in and it works?

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

First of all is that drive locked or unlocked?? If it's unlocked then you can install it and format with Auto Installer Deluxe or Slayers. Error 16 is a dash error-other files to with dashboard/dashboard settings. Did you get this drive off of another Xbox??

3. Iverson69

Iverson69 Member

I am not sure if the drive is locked or unlocked. How can you tell? I am using a 40 GB Western Digital so no it is not from a different xbox. I am currently downloading Auto Installer Deluxe using BitTorrent but have a while to go. When I finish downloading Auto Installer Deluxe how do I get it to start on the xbox? This xbox is NOT modded.

4. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

you will get an error 6 if the hd is locked. Also, you can't run AID on an unmodded xbox. You have to have a modchip with a hacked bios in order for it to read it or do a TSOP flash or you could softmod.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  5. Iverson69

Iverson69 Member

So pretty much if I wanted to fix this I would need to mod it huh?

6. berumen

berumen Member

pretty much..and Xenium Ice mod is a pretty good user friendly chip to use...in my experiences...

7. Iverson69

Iverson69 Member

My main problem is, how easy is it to install?

8. berumen

berumen Member

really easy, there is a no solder way and there is a solder way..this is my first moded xbox and went the nosolder way and it only took me about 1hr. pretty much reading carefully how to take apart the xbox and finding out which version of xbox you have..xbox-modchips is a good resource. step by step with pictures if you know what i mean..

9. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Like Berumen Said the Xenium Ice is very user friendly indeed. Check out http://teamxodus.com and read the ice guide. This guide will show you how to install and flash the chip using the xenium os web interface!! Thats right you can flash the chip via the web!! I bet alot of people thought that the x3 was the only chip capable of this flash method. I've done 3 Xenium Ice installs and it' been a smooth install every time. I used the IceGuide on my first Xenium installation and it really helped me. The recovery mode is a cool feature as well. Also, you have an option to change the lcd color with 5 or 6 different colors. To use xbox live you can use to OS system to backup your original kernal or bios then select Launch from the OS menu and that's it!!! no switches to disable or non of that other crap..you must have your hd locked to use xbox live.