1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox failure

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by hienton, Oct 28, 2004.

1. hienton

hienton Member

Hello all.
    My friend's xbox fails to boot up. I hear sound in HDD and error code is 06. I beleive HDD crash .I buy a second hand HDD from a fellow He said his HDD is good.Same size .I Install in the box .Now the box has error code 07. What is this problem ? Can anybody help.?TIA

Tom

2. Cerious

Cerious Member

You cannot just swap out the original hard drive and put a new in. The hdd password has to match with the xbox motherboard.

3. hienton

hienton Member

Hello .
    Thanks for response. Anyway I can make it work?Do I have to ask the password from the hardrive seller?.Is the drive lock ?Does it need unlock?.
    Tia

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

there is a 30 wire chip that will bypass the tsop,and you will have to mod the thing....but that's probably not what you want to do and it is a big deal doing it too.

5. Cerious

Cerious Member

If I were you, it sounds like the Hard Drive is trashed. Your friend can 1 sell the remaining xbox on ebay or whatever or 2 buy a modchip and chip that thing. Also depending on what version xbox he has.

6. hienton

hienton Member

So I have to buy a 30wires modchip with installing instruction like mod for playstation.It will fix problem? Also How to know the version of Xbox.
    I just want to save xbox for a friend .It has simple
    problem: crashing hardrive.

7. bigman313

bigman313 Member

When I turn on my x-box the light flashes red & green, it also turns on & off 3x & 50% of the time the drive dosen't open. if anyone can help me or give me a website to look at, i would appreciate it alot! Thanx.