1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox flashing red and green please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by empire961, Dec 7, 2004.

1. empire961

empire961 Member

Hey guys,
    Well whenever I turn on My xbox it dosen't respond right away and when it does come on it goes right back off again. after doing this a few times it comes on all the way and the light is flashing red and green and an error screen comes up. I dont know what to do. So if anybody knows anything please let me know.
    Thanks

2. RyuuKi

RyuuKi Member

This happened to me twice on 2 different xbox consoles. One factor could be that you have the wrong BIOS on your Chip. If its an Xecuter 2.6 then try the X2 4983 bios. If that fails try the Evo X M7 or M8, basically try any X2 or Evo X BIOS.

The other problem could be a badly connected D0 wire or badly soldered wire, maybe some solder bridging a gap on the chip. If your connections are clean then its down to your bios.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Moved.

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

That happened to me also when I was modding my xbox. It also happened another time too, but I forgot what it was.

5. empire961

empire961 Member

Thanks guys but I haven't done any thing to it. I haven't changed any chips. It's not even very old. I think I'm going to check the wireing though but if anybody has anything else to try let me know.

6. RyuuKi

RyuuKi Member

What kind of chip is it?

7. empire961

empire961 Member

I've been looking around the net trying to find some one that might know what is going on. I havn't really found any thing that has worked but I have found that thier are alot of people with this same problem......Im starting to thik the Xbox has some problems.

8. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Does it still show the error screen when you pop in a game?

9. empire961

empire961 Member

Yes it still shows the error screen. Some times it works though. If you turn it off and on a few times. Some one suggested to try taking it all apart and cleaning it with the air in a can.

10. mardos

mardos Guest

most of the problem its the d0 i have encountered this problem a lot and its always has to be the d0 it tends to move a lot if u move your xbox a lot and if its not sodered properly double check the d0