1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox flashing red/green

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by pong3, May 25, 2003.

1. Yellowman

Yellowman Member

Does anyone have power on and off then on and off then stays on? Now all its starting doing that to my xbox and I have matrix chip. I look at the chip and notice the solder on the board is warn out. What could be the problem and what should I do to get it to work. I check all wires for dvd, hd and fan, plug in too.
    Thanks

2. Cradl3

Cradl3 Member

Kramite,

You can get your disk out by, using a paperclip to poke into the DVD rom hole that is visible on the front of the DVD ROM.

That should take care of that... But this thread is for the Christmas Tree Effect... so please let's keep it focused on that topic until we have accomplished the initial task.

Thanks,

XIX

3. clueless1

clueless1 Member

i have the same thing.. xbox tries to boot 3 times and then i get the flashing red/green light. what is going on. i have a matrix chip and the light is GREEN. so i think its aligned right. it was working fine in the beginning then all of a sudden this happened. HOW DO I FIX IT?

Thanks!

4. d_rugs420

d_rugs420 Guest

ok if you are having a prob with your modded xbox take out the mod. If you are still having the same problem then go and buy another xbox.verify that the new xbox works and then start swapping out parts until you find the problem. after you figure out the problem take the xbox that you just bought back to the store with the bad parts in it and get your money back because it doesnt work. They never check the seal and you fixed your xbox for free. This works everytime because i have done it for my ps2 when the dvd drive went bad and i have fixed friends ps2's this way.

5. Kramit

Kramit Member

Anyone wanting to buy a broken xbox? If so, e-mail me at battleaxe01@hotmail.com

6. _carlos_

_carlos_ Member

I have this problem with a brand new xecutor 2.2 after flashing it with an incorrect bios...just incase anyone finds the same.

7. clueless1

clueless1 Member

I fixed the red/green flashing by:
    opening xbox..
    and re-installing the matrix chip.. even though the green light was on before.. once i re-installed it (i guess aligned it a little differently) and closed the xbox. and BAM! it worked..
    try that before you go and sell/buy a new xbox.

goodluck!

8. S_O_B

S_O_B Member

Question, might be dumb or whatever but, all this red and green flashing has pretty much been documented as the xbox not being able to recognize the bios information right? Technically, couldnt we just put our chip and hd in another xbox and then add the modless (phoenix, bert and ernie) bios files on to the hd and go about our business?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2003
  9. alexatkin

alexatkin Member

Not sure exactly what you mean but if you are using the HD from one X-Box in another without unlocking it first it will NOT work.

The flashing red/green pretty much means "there is an error with your X-Box", it can mean more or less ANY error but its likely to be the BIOS if you arnt even getting an error code on the screen.

10. bigsheep

bigsheep Member

Check you've got the yellow cable from the dvd drive to the m'bd in the right way round, it easily plugs in the wrong way round and causes similar problems...