1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX FORMAT?????

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Cookie11, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Cookie11

Cookie11 Guest

Hi i was just wondering if anyone can tell me what format the Xbox dvd player is.
    Is it DVD-R or DVD+R or will it play the two??? plz help

2. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

from what ive heard, different xboxes read different media. depends what drive you have. mine runs dvd- but in your case just try both

3. Brettsky

Brettsky Guest

yeah, wat ive read there are 3 types of dvd drives that are possibly in ur xbox samsung thompson and something i forget. they all read th basics but vary in dvd-r dvd+r dvd-rw stuff like that so i suggest u look for xbox hardware online and look for th specs on th different hardware and possibly a way to figure out which drive u hav. if u can find that info plz share wit me bc i dont kno how to see wat drive i hav and i am interested in knoin anything i can on anything xbox or ps2 or computer related

Brettsky

4. pong3

pong3 Guest

The other drive is the philips, plus if your warranty is expired or you dont care about voiding it, you can remove the screws and pop open the top to see what drive you have, but if just want ot know what media plays trial and error is the best thing to do.

5. dolemite

dolemite Regular member

the newest xbox dvd which is made from 7-03 has the new samsung... u can tell by opening the dvd tray.. when u eject the disk... if ur dvd tray has two big circle (or look like mickey mouse) then u have the samsung which plays cd..cdr..dvd..etc..