1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox frag

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by josh777, Oct 31, 2004.

1. josh777

josh777 Member

i've been running an xbox with a xecuter2.3b mod chip (easy install 1) for a while with no problems. yesterday i played games and watched a dvd and all was fine. today i switch it on and it frags at me! i thought the mod may have moved, so i checked it out and all looked ok. long story short... i ended up removing everything and still it frags! so it frags with any number of components plugged in or out. it takes longer however if the hard drive is unplugged. the 1 exception is that if the av cable is unplugged, the box flashes green orange! i've tried 2 av cables. i have no idea what is going on. please help

2. teknickle

teknickle Guest

The green/orange is supposed to flash when you unplug the cable (unless you have a mod chip enabled to disable that).

Make certain that your D0 wire is still inplace and that the switchbank did not come unplugged. Then make sure that you have it all enabled (I know, sounds elementary, but the simple problems are the ones we overlook the most).

Your system could have been damaged at any time after the time it booted _before_ you watched that DVD. See, after it boots you can rip out the D0 trace, unplug the mod or wreak any other havoc on the box. It already got the system config from the BIOS and so won't get back to it until next reboot.

3. josh777

josh777 Member

hey teknickle,

thanks for your reply. i've checked everything you suggested in your msg. the mod i have is the easy install version - no soldering - so i'm never quite sure if the springy pin on the mod actually is making contact with d0 point (if thats the point the springy pin is supposed to on!?)

i do get 2 blue leds coming on the mod, so i don't know if that means that its working. the instructions say that a green led should come on if it is correctly installed - but i never got a green light even when it was working. i tried booting from a bootable dashboard cd-rom, but that didn't work either.

do you know if the hdd could be causing the problem? i have an external 250Gb drive that decided to die on me the same week!

back to backgammon!!!

thanks for you time
    mat

4. Sol4ruS

Sol4ruS Member

Yeah,it took a while for me to land my d0 point too. Try to get down and shave a little of the coating off. Make sure that you are testing for the green light with your chip DISABLED

5. josh777

josh777 Member

hi guys,

well, i've been busy and didn't have a chance to look at the xbox til yesterday. before i pulled it apart, i turned it on - just to see. and f*@! me if it didn't work!

great :eek:)

thanks for the adivse anyhow
    mat