1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox freezes

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by balz, Mar 23, 2006.

1. balz

balz Guest

i haven't played my xbox in about a month, then when i started it up it went through the green flubber screen then froze at the orange XBOX screen. any ideas?

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

any error code? I got no clue.

3. xXBMODSXx

xXBMODSXx Guest

yeah tell me the error code ill tell ya what it means!

4. balz

balz Guest

i don't get an error code. it just freezes with the xbox logo. no code, no dashboard, no nothing.

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Something fucked up. Maybe the hdd died.

6. balz

balz Guest

would it be worth the trouble to download an auto installer and give it a try, or are you pretty sure that it's the hdd

7. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Is it modded or regular

8. balz

balz Guest

it's hard modded

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Why dont you say it at the begining? I though your xbox is a virgin one.
    Did you turn off the modchip?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2006
  10. balz

balz Guest

sorry guys, i just assumed that you'ld think it was modded. i didn't mod it myself, but i've was there when it was done. but, i didn't know that you could turn it off. do i disconect it?

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

when you turn the xbox, do you see modchip light on? Look at the side of the xbox, you see the chip sitting on motherboard.

12. xXBMODSXx

xXBMODSXx Guest

yea that'll fix the prob!

13. balz

balz Guest

the light on the chip comes on. Do i take the chip out? and if so, do i need a new chip or is that just to get the code?

14. xXBMODSXx

xXBMODSXx Guest

THE LIGHT SHOULD INDICATE ON OR OFF!

15. xXBMODSXx

xXBMODSXx Guest

THERE SHOULD BE A SWITCH!

16. balz

balz Guest

unless i'm retarded, which is possible, i don't have a switch. I'm lookin at it right now, it's the Apple X-III chip. it has a light that comes on, but like i said ... no switch

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

look like the chip is ok. When the xbox boot up, it read the chip then dvd drive and hdd. So try to boot the xbox with a game in the dvd drive to see if the game play.

18. balz

balz Guest

i booted it with a dvd, a game, and an auto installer boot disk, but nothing happens. if it was the hard drive then the dvd-rom should still work, right? But if the problem is the dvd-rom would the hdd still boot?

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Maybe not. Maybe the hdd problem in this case. If the hdd does not spin at all, xbox may freeze before it read the dvd drive.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2006
  20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

do you hear the hdd spins?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2006