1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox freezes

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by balz, Mar 23, 2006.

1. balz

balz Guest

when i booted it with the disks in the dvd drive it sounds like the dvd is working, but i can't say for sure

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

when xbox boot up, do you see to logo under the big X?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2006
  3. balz

balz Guest

when i boot it, it has the big X with xbox written underneath. it looks like it normally does right before the dashboard comes up.

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

the logo appear between them. do you see it like microsoft or xecuter, etc..?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2006
  5. balz

balz Guest

no, it just turns orange as it has always done. i don't think mine ever had another logo come up like executor. it may have said microsoft like it did before it was modded, but i'm not sure. if it did it's not doing it now. i don't think i hear the hdd spinning. when i listen to the hdd carefully i can hear a faint clicking noise that repeats.

6. saint24

saint24 Member

clicking sound is the hard drive trying to spin up but the motor in the drive is goosed therefore new drive time (unfortuntely)

its a common occurence not really with the xbox but i see loads of drives each month where i work doing the same thing

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

That is what I said the beginning. Hdd fucked up.