1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox FTP 0.62

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jonbtrini, Dec 3, 2004.

1. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Can anybody please help me with the Xbox FTP program? I downloaded it and installed it on two xboxes, and I followed the guide on Xbox-scene on how to do it, but i keep getting a "connection timed out" error message...exactly what do i need to do as far as setting up the IP's and whatnot? I've tried it with a crossover cable and with a hub and two ethernet cables all to no avail...any help would be appreciated...

2. Stuman

Stuman Member

What are you trying to do here?
    Transfer files from one xbox to another?
    Try avalaunch. Auto connect in settings, network, on both xboxes.
    Reboot, relaunch avalaunch, file manager, switch to remote.

Easy

3. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Well, I have Evox, and i'd rather not switch my dashboards to do it, but i guess if there's no other way i may just have to...thanks for your help though...

4. Stuman

Stuman Member

Do you not have an option in your current dashboard to switch between them easily? I auto boot Avalaunch but from there can simply select to jump to either evox or Ms dash??

5. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Well I don't have Avalaunch installed so I suppose if I were to install it then I would have the option, but i'm not positive. On my Evox dash, it says Launch Menu, Launch DVD, MS Dashboard, Reboot, Power Off, and System Utils...

6. Stuman

Stuman Member

Yeah you can install avalaunch and should get it from there. Have a good look around evox though. xboxFTP is just an app. Try in your system utils. It might even be available through unleash x but I dont know.

This is only if you have it in your xbox mind. Avalaunch is faster though, I gat about 10-11000 kbs. Real quick.