1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox ftp being stupid?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Xeno360, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Xeno360

Xeno360 Member

Okay well i've recently softmodded my xbox (original) and it doesnt seem to want to ftp, Ive read every tutorial and hot-to there is on the net and none answers my problem, When i use FlashFXP i get this... And nothing else.

[R] Connecting to 192.168.0.5 -> IP=192.168.0.5 PORT=21 (attempt # 1)
    [R] Connected to 192.168.0.5

It doesnt open the directory. Its just blank in the directory folder with no lables or nothing. Im using a router to do it.. (Netgear) All my stuff is set up, DHCP, and im using Unleash mod. Any help at all? After awhile FlashFXP pings out and says "[R] Connection failed (Connection timed out)" Its very frustrating, Been trying to struggle with this for days. If possible is there another way to transfer files without ftp? Maybe hot swap? I have linux on a disk. For file managment but im not sure if i can take files off a storage drive and transfer them to my xbox through that. HELP PLEASE! ftp or hotswap answer! Either would do :).

Dashbord: Yes IP comes up as...
    IP:192.168.0.5 DHCP

Network Config:
    Current IP: 1992.168.0.5
    Link Status: 100 mbps/full duplex
    Mac Adress: 00-0d-3a-b8-Ic-e0
    Enable: Yes
    Type: DHCP
    IP Adress: 192.168.0.3
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.0.1
    DNS 1: 192.168.0.4
    DNS 2: 192.168.0.1

FTP SERVER

User:xbox
    Password: xbox
    Port: 21
    Man No. of User: 2
    Allow Annonymous: No
    pasv port: 1024
    Syst Name: 66536
    SYST Name: Unix Emulated by UnleashX 0.38.0515A Build 565
    Boost Mode: No (Had this on yes before)
    Auto Detect: Yes

And... Im running windows XP and FlashFXP. and the username and pass are both xbox when i connect.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

title edited

3. steimy

steimy Active member

did you also check the subnet mask, default gateway and DSN addresses to make sure they are correct?
    does your router have security on it, if so you have to set all of that up in the MS Dash as well.

4. theridges

theridges Guest

is this the xbox settings?

Network Config:
    Current IP: 192.168.0.5<----------should match the ip address
    Link Status: 100 mbps/full duplex
    Mac Adress: 00-0d-3a-b8-Ic-e0
    Type: DHCP
    IP Adress: 192.168.0.3<---------should match current ip
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.0.1
    DNS 1: 192.168.0.4
    DNS 2: 192.168.0.1

do you have any anti-virus programs if so shut them off when ftp'ing it may fix the problem...

5. Xeno360

Xeno360 Member

idk why it doesnt match, I dont have a an anti virus prog running, and windows firewall is off, and i added it to exceptions and bah blah blah. and yeah thats the info on the xbox network config.

6. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

first turn off DHCP ip collisions because of it and stuff make sure proxy is off make sure that the xbox's gateway is ur routers ip if i not sure look it up at http://portforward.com/routers.htm see if its there should be turn on boost mode flash fxp's defualt is to use boost mode make sure all ur DNS r the same ETC because DNS r usally nearlly the same number usally off by 1 max 2 urs is off by 3 wierd make sure u have the right cable u know the RJ45 blue from router RJ45 Yellow from another pcs card or what ever make sure when u enter u xbox's statis to flash fxp make sure all the ports r right i never use unleash x but urs is softmoded mine is chipped and i have avaluanch make sure unleash x has fill zilla on it do some research without fill zilla it wont work ftp or anything internet might work i dont know much about softmoded boxs but i know it works on xbmc thats what i use to ftp and use the net and stuff so yer do some reaserch see if u can look inside ur unleash x see at the the bottome it should have a FILE not a folder saying fill zilla ok then talk to u soon