1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox FTP Issues!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tippytip, Mar 17, 2005.

1. meggo

meggo Member

i use flash fxp and i used to have no problems with it. but i moved and changed my internet connection to dsl instead of cable (i dont think that matters). i use a router. anyways now when i try to connect to the xbox it says connection lost. it just keeps retrying and keeps saying the same thing. i have xenium ice with slayer dashboard. thanks for your help

2. enguyen

enguyen Member

Hi, I have no problem connecting my PC to my XBOX for FTP using a router and windows XP. However, the connection seems to be very slow. The average transfer rate is about 700Kbps. Is there something wrong? I have used different ftp client such as ws_ftp, 3dFtp, and other and all of them give the same speed. I know that the max speed should be 11Mbps but i'm too far off from there. Please help!
    Thanks

3. joschez

joschez Regular member

it probably has to do something with your router. you probably have to configure it, to make it faster.

4. alexsalo

alexsalo Member

hi guys, i dont know it this is the right place to put this but i need some help please, i can ftp my xbox, i transfer files witouth a problem but in some files i cant ftp, i ftp some videos for xbox media player they are .mpeg i can ftp one of them and the other dont. do you know what is going on?
    thanx

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

check the title of the file....some ftp programs don't like files with long names and/or unusuall symbols. You might just have to rename the files.

6. alexsalo

alexsalo Member

thanx, i realizaed of that before i read this and it was true, i just renamed the files to a shorter name.
    bye

7. calichego

calichego Member

i installed flashfxp and i cannot comunicate with my xbox because it says the password is invalid.
    my xbox ip aderss is : 192.168.0.69
    and i am puting user:xbox, password:xbox

I have unleashX mod as dashboard and i doesnt shows the password. im confused

8. xMoldx

xMoldx Member

how did u get evox without alredy having ftpd!? am i missing sumthing here? i alredy flashed my chip and did all the bios shit but whenever i open flash fxp and go to connect to my ip address like it says to do at this site http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/ftpingproblem.htm and it keeps disconecting and i read sumwhere else that i cud ftp thorugh IE but that didnt work either.
    how do i install evox onto my xbox?!
    and does anyone know any solutions to my ftping problem