1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox ftp to pc d drive problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by mattc, May 1, 2005.

1. mattc

mattc Member

i have been trying to transfer game data from my xbox to my pc but when i go into d drive to find it there is no game data.i have tried refreshing the connection but this dosent work either. is there something ive missed?

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

What do you mean game data? Like saves and that stuff? Do you have a games and apps folder created in the D:? Also, do you have any games on your Xbox's HDD yet?

3. mattc

mattc Member

There is nothing saved on the HDD and when we tried loading the previously saved data to the pc the pc couldn't read the data. By data i mean a game in the drive, it won't show up. All the stuff that was on there when i got it modded is still showing up in D drive just not the game

4. dabommbj

dabommbj Member

what ftp software are you using to ftp into your xbox?

5. mattc

mattc Member

were using FlashFXP, and a straight connection. Im only new to this but i have followed all the instructions on the tutorial and looked up other ones to see if mine missed something. Im not sure where i went wrong. I have a EvolutionX dash

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

If you want to grab a game that is in your Xbox drive, try using Qwix 101 to perform that task, you can get it here, http://www.teamavalaunch.com/qwix/

Qwix works very well with Avalaunch dashboards, as it was made by the Avalaunch team.

7. dabommbj

dabommbj Member

can you see the other drives from your hard drive? If you can, then the only thing that i can think of is that your dd drive is messing up. Try using SmartFtp. thats what i use and it has never given me problems. You should be able to see the games files in the d: drive.

8. mattc

mattc Member

i have tried 3 different types of FT programs and none of them show the disc.....was just looking at the FT client part of the xbox and the IP number was empty would that have any effect??

9. dabommbj

dabommbj Member

wait can you even ftp successfully into your xbox? because you should have a ip address on you dashboard. The most common one is 192.168.0.3

10. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Is it even possible to see what is in your Xbox drive using an ftp program? Because w/ flashFXP you cannot do this. That is why I have always used Qwix.

11. mattc

mattc Member

i have an Evolution X dash, am downloading the Qwix program now. can FTP into my xbox, but just can't get the data from the game...cause it doesn't show up.

12. dabommbj

dabommbj Member

how are you starting your xbox? The way i do it is boot up my xbox to my dashboard and then insert the games and it works perfectly. Hey PimpDawg yes it is possible to see the data using and ftp program. Thats how i back up my games, i use smart ftp.