1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX FTP?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by CraigN, Aug 29, 2003.

1. CraigN

CraigN Guest

A lot of people have been talking about using ur XBox as an FTP server........how do i do this.........and what tools do i need?

2. d_rugs420

d_rugs420 Guest

You dont use your xbox as an ftp server you use ftp to access the hdd on your xbox and change files. People do this to play game backups and run apps on the xbox without a mod or to backup games because the dvd drive in your computer will not recognize an xbox game.

3. CraigN

CraigN Guest

So do i need a ethernet hookup on my xbox.....and how cud i play backups without a mod chip?

4. d_rugs420

d_rugs420 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2003
  5. CraigN

CraigN Guest

6. d_rugs420

d_rugs420 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2003
  7. alexatkin

alexatkin Member

With a mod you can use up to a 120GB HD in the X-Box, if thats what you mean.

FTPing to/from your X-Box also needs a mod either with a custom dashboard such as Evox or one of the beta Executor BIOS images which have FTP built-in.

If you want to use your X-Box as an FTP server (a way to store and share files with other people) the safest way would be to use Linux on it so you arnt giving people access to your C drive and as such the ability to wipe everything from your X-Box.