1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox game backup problem! Please Help!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by im_etten, May 16, 2003.

1. im_etten

im_etten Regular member

Ok... this is weired... I have a Sony Vaio PC with a DVD-/+R writer, I am using XISO to make the game image, and FlashFXP to get the game files. I have an modded Xbox that has EvoX, I FTP'd the files for Project Gotham Racing to my PC. I used XISO to get the ISO image. I used Roxio Easy Cd Creator to burn the image to an Imation DVD-RW. I put in my Xbox and it worked. I then burned it to a Princo DVD-R and it worked. I then put a chip in my cousins Xbox but I did not install EvoX yet. I put in the game on DVD-R and I got a screen saying that the disk may be scratched or dirty. So I put the disk in my Xbox and I got the same messege on a game I have played!! So I then reburned the game on a Imation DVD-RW again and it still does not work on either box. All the files are on the DVD-RW but the game won't load... it gives me that stupid messege. I have an X-ecuter 2 mod chip in both boxes. Any suggestions?? Is it the media I am using... could I be missing something in my process to backup the game? Thanks!!

Last edited: May 16, 2003
  2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

if the game worked for you, then now it doesn't, are you sure there's nothing wrong with that disc? you could possibly try to erase the RW and reburn it to the same disc, maybe then you could isolate whether the disc itself is at fault. i had this issue a few times with PS2 games and it turned out that the media itself just sucked. this may not be your issue, but it's worth a shot trying to figure out what the problem may be.

3. im_etten

im_etten Regular member

I made sure on the DVD-RW that I did an erase of the disk and then reburned the game. I use Princo DVD-R to burn the game and it worked an then I let it sit for a week and I did not play it. And now it doesn't work. All the files are on the disk it just doesn't play. I bought some Ritek DVD-R to try to burn on, both DVD-Rom drives in the Xboxes are the Thompson ones, which I have heard they are touchy. I have 5 of the Imation DVD-RW which I burn on to test the games and none of them work. I did at teh beginning get them to work. I am just puzzled... could it be they way I am making the ISO with XISO or burning with Roxio? I also have Record now which I can use, I just haven't used it yet...

4. hoppers

hoppers Regular member

this sounds odd mate!!! very odd indeed.

i am not sure what the hell is going wrong. if i were you though i would not use XISO..

i have used it in the past and had all kinds of odd stuff happen with games.

try using ISOMaker 2.0.